Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Off-Topic Posts

Off-Topic Posts Want to vent about politics, your annoying neighbor or let people know about something funny you saw on You Tube? Here is the place to do so.

Old 03-03-2008   #1

Default Reported Post by DaViD Boulet

DaViD Boulet has reported a post.

Reason:
Quote:
save me. He is purposefully misquoting me and misrepresenting my comments on the board. I can handle differences of opinion, but someone lying about what I'm saying is intolerable. Please stop him.
Forum: Blu-ray Players
Assigned Moderators: tigeraudio2007

Posted by: Lotus
Original Content:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaViD Boulet View Post
And that's a fact
No it isn't. TVs and Receivers don't do all the decoding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaViD Boulet
When I consider a BD (or HD DVD) player's performance characteristics I'm talking about HDMI for digital audio and HDMI for digital video since that represents the ideal connection strategy which most AV enthusiats are embracing or moving towards.
You then say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaViD Boulet
But for most HT-enthusiast consumers, they either have HDMI for AV or they *will* have HDMI for AV... so the HDMI performance is the main concern.
You're stating rather clearly that a HDM player using HDMI doesn't have to worry about decoding capabilities. You ignore the fact that most post people with HDMI receivers (about 95%) need the player to decode the Dolby True HD to LPCM to pass through that HDMI connection. You also ignore that the player decodes the video and then sends the info on through the HDMI. Your arguement is that the decoding power of a player isn't important since most will be using HDMI. Which shows you don't know how it works.
DaViD Boulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008   #2

Default Re: Reported Post by DaViD Boulet

DaViD,

I PM'd both you and Lotus, this needs to stop now, from both of you. You both are potentially violating the rules of this forum, so stop this right now so we don't need to take further action.

KT
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
boulet, david