Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Off-Topic Posts

Off-Topic Posts Want to vent about politics, your annoying neighbor or let people know about something funny you saw on You Tube? Here is the place to do so.

Old 03-01-2008   #1

Default Reported Post by DaViD Boulet

DaViD Boulet has reported a post.

Reason:
Quote:
Lotus is inventing ways to disagree with things I didn't even say. I qualified all my previous discussion as talking about *analog* decoding, yet he acts now as though I was talking about digital codec decoding. Can you please ask him to stop harrassing me? It's exhausting and clearly he's not interested in having a meaningful discussion, but rather just constantly inventing new ways to pretend I'm wrong when I'm being as clear as I can possibly be.
Forum: Blu-ray Players
Assigned Moderators: tigeraudio2007

Posted by: Lotus
Original Content:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by glocksout View Post
That he's talking about is that the player decodes the AVC, VC-1 or MPEG-2 video codec ON THE PLAYER and sends it to the display. The Blu-ray player does not send a bitstream video signal to the display. Displays do not decode video codecs.
Exactly. DaViD acts like all BD players are the same because it's digital and uses HDMI.

There is a big difference in PQ from the Denon units and the rest. AQ differs from unit to unit as well. Some decode the codecs better.
DaViD Boulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008   #2

Default Re: Reported Post by DaViD Boulet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaViD Boulet View Post
DaViD Boulet has reported a post.

Reason:
Forum: Blu-ray Players
Assigned Moderators: tigeraudio2007

Posted by: Lotus
Original Content:
Maybe you should go back and read your original post. It's quite clear that at the time you had no idea what you were talking about. If it isn't clear, then your point of you being clear is not a good point. I'm not inventing anything. Go read your original post.

You make the arguement that the PS3 can't have a worse PQ or AQ because it is going through an HDMI cable. Go read it.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaViD Boulet
"In regards to video, all analog conversion would be handled by the projector or display. "

Do you even know how a BD player works?

If you were right (which you're not) then it wouldn't matter what BD player you had. All Video and Audio would be treated the exact same with no quality differences at all.
Lotus,

even here in the first quote you respond to, I state that I'm talking about ANALOG conversion. No where did this imply anything beyond analog conversion. I was addressing the original poster's confusion/mistake that HDMI carried analog audio/video.

And here:

Quote:
"HDMI is a pure digital conection for both audio and digital signals. In regards to audio, all analog conversion is handled by the recevier. "

Wrong again. Many more people do have HDMI 1 to 1.2 capable Receivers. The PLAYER does the analog conversion and sends the data through the HDMI cable as LPCM. This is the majority of the market.
Again, I'm only talking about ANALOG conversion in my post. Converting bitstream to PCM is not "anlaog" lotus. That's digital conversion. My point that HDMI is an all-digital carrier that only contains digital signals is correct. I can't understand why you're so blind to what I'm saying which is perfectly plain.
Old 03-03-2008   #4

Quote:
The PLAYER does the analog conversion and sends the data through the HDMI cable as LPCM. This is the majority of the market.
Lotus,

it appears you are the one who may not understand the terminilogy here. Converting bitstream to PCM is an all-digital conversion. Not analog.
Sponsored Links

Tags
boulet, david