Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Posts (http://www.avrev.com/forum/off-topic-posts-56/)
-   -   Favorite Beer? (http://www.avrev.com/forum/off-topic-posts/1627-favorite-beer.html)

kennyt 02-25-2008 01:36 PM

Favorite Beer?

Sure, I know many folks will bad mouth a beer topic for wine or fine liquor, and I too like those, but many days I just want a beer!

Mood and circumstance dictate what that beer will be for me, some days it's just a simple Bud Light, while others it's far more upscale. I have a propensity for Belgian whites so Hoegaarden is a big favorite of mine, especially when I can find it on tap! I like the new Blue Moon Rising Moon as well as many Hefeweizen's.

Today I went for the gusto and bought a six of Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Ale, it's a Barleywine so it's super strong at 9.6% so you can't drink many of them, but they are tasty when your in the mood! When I am trying to keep it sober or just away from something as strong I really like the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, which I can get locally on draft as well.

What's your taste?

luke 02-28-2008 04:02 PM

Re: Favorite Beer? not sure but kinda of a funny story

I 'm not sure what Beer taste like , but i do know some people that have made some good beer , Rolling Rock was good in their green bottles , and Red Cap ale , whenever Ale time was , my Dad use to go to the plant and buy it and there was a place, some place out in Amish country my Dad would buy it . I m not sure if the Amish were suppose to be drinking or selling it but my Dad would come home with it and he and his friends would sit and drink a case of it and sit and play music all friday night . I think the Red Cap was when he would listen to the Radio on Saturdays and listen to the Phillies, Eagles or Rambles (hockey team) lose , then come inside and listen to my Mom and lose again ..." Still tryin' to fix the old car you got suckered into buying for $100.00 and by the way we are having company tonight and its my friends so hide your CHEAP ALE and make sure Luke and his friends don't get ahold of it AGAIN , THEY WILL BE PLAYING their MUSIC TOO LOUD AGAIN ..." Luke

rolexdaytona 02-28-2008 04:41 PM

Re: Favorite Beer?

I like Modelo Especial, Blue Moon, and Black Irish Gold. Pacifico is good too.

Kato 02-28-2008 04:54 PM

Stout: Murphy's (nectar of the gods) and Guiness (second best)
Porter: Anchor Porter
Brown Ale: Newcastle
Ale: Sleeman's Amber Ale, Big Rock Traditional, Fat Tire, Full Sail Amber
Lager: Grolsch, Negra Modelo, Dos Equis (XX and Amber)
Wheat Beer and Hefeweizen: Hoegaarden, Big Rock Grasshopper, Leffe

There's a bunch of Belgians that I haven't tried yet, (so many beers, so little time) so far every one I've tried has been superb.

kloneman 02-28-2008 06:20 PM

Abita (Amber Bock, Christamas Ale, Turbodog, anything other than Purple Haze) - It's brewed about a mile down the road from where I grew up. Best served with hundreds of pounds of freshly boiled mudbugs (crawfish).

Sam Adams

Budweiser Budvar (The Czeck stuff, Not the U.S. stuff). Drinking one NOW in honor of this post.

Flenburger Pilsner

Other stuff my buddy brings back from his trips across the pond...

Homebrew

Most any dark beer...

rlpiii 02-28-2008 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kloneman (Post 12268)
. . .Most any dark beer...

mmmmm. . .dark beer . . .(drool). . .