Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Off-Topic Posts

Off-Topic Posts Want to vent about politics, your annoying neighbor or let people know about something funny you saw on You Tube? Here is the place to do so.

Old 02-20-2008   #1

Default The Download Dilema

I have researched the web and found out several interesting things. At Wired they think that downloads will sink Bluray, at TechCrunch they say no way http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/02/17...-kill-blu-ray/, the interesting thing at tech crunch is that they give a time line for downloads to succeed - between 2010 and 2020. Thats a two to 12 year time line - average will be what...6 years! I said in a post that physical media (not just Bluray) now has a life expectancy of about 5 years left. Deacongreg - if you want to know, the pre-in "prerich" actually stands for preacher. I truly believe with the post on music DRM, Bluray's greater protection scheme, ect. That the companies will eventually get rid of physical media and monitor their content like Big Brother. Big Brother is the way of the future. Can't we all see it? I can Look at the world lose a few freedoms for the sake of safety - thats the underlying theme. After a few people go to jail...they will suffer and bear with DRM, copy protetion, and the like. When they declare AnyDVD HD illegal - it comes off my machine. They can probrably poke aroung in my machine to see what I have! We just appointed a new Federal government position to seize computers - not for drugs and the like, but for music and illegal software! It's gettin' hot folks! Can anyone say Bluray, Computers, components with RFID Chips...that last past your store checkout? Hmmmmmmmmm?
prerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008   #2

Default Re: The Download Dilema

Ah Goeroge Orwell was so right, I couldn't agree with you more! The loss of freedom is, and will continue to be, a slow process. One so slow you won't even notice it until it's to late...... Some people think I am paranoid when I speak of these issues, I see them as ignorant, one of us is right.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008   #3

On a lighter note, I have heard via a friendly AV retailer that Netflix will be making some sort of download device available for customers sometime this summer. My understanding is the unit will be connected to a phone line and your AV system, and there either be an ongoing monthly subscription or a fee per download.

Has anyone else heard of this?
ChiefTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefTK View Post
On a lighter note, I have heard via a friendly AV retailer that Netflix will be making some sort of download device available for customers sometime this summer. My understanding is the unit will be connected to a phone line and your AV system, and there either be an ongoing monthly subscription or a fee per download.

Has anyone else heard of this?
Yes sirrrrrrrrrrrr.
prerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008   #5

Perhaps Netflix has entered into a surreptitious relationship with Homeland Security.
ChiefTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008   #6

Netflix would be a perfect suitor for the download market HOWEVER Steve Jobs is going to step in with inferior 720p BULL**** and try to sell it to the masses and ruin movies the same way he ruined the music business.
Sponsored Links

Tags
dilema, downlod, fannex, md, nsa