Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Posts (http://www.avrev.com/forum/off-topic-posts-56/)
-   -   Damn you Apple! (http://www.avrev.com/forum/off-topic-posts/1540-damn-you-apple.html)

TheMoose 02-05-2008 11:01 AM

Damn you Apple!

Why even bother with the Mac World conference?

I waited until after Mac World to buy my 16G iTouch specifically because I was hoping for one with larger storage.
Like the 32G iTouch released today!
Here it is 3 weeks after Mac World & they release a 32G iTouch, what the Hell Apple!
Isn't that what Mac World is for, announcing new products?
They gave us the update for the iPhone & iTouch & said nothing about extra storage capacity.
Now the iTouch & iPhone both have double the storage capacity!

Fortunately I'm still within the 30 day return period but I'm guessing I'm not the only person that bought a iTouch or iPhone right after Mac World & is ticked off at Apple right now!
I bet the stores are thrilled too, now they are going to either have a lot of "open Box Specials" or are going to have to ship a bunch of them back.

Robinson_A 02-05-2008 02:04 PM

Re: Damn you Apple!

Welcome to the world of Mac, Moose. While I generally support Apple, their product launches and spit on the early adopter tactics always make my stomach churn. I saw that too and I couldn't help but laugh for the same thing happened with the first gen iPods and iPhones. Hell, even with the AppleTV. I really do hate that about Apple, so I'm with you on this one.

TheMoose 02-05-2008 11:25 PM

For a company that is so good with user interfaces they sure screw with the users!

Lotus 02-05-2008 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMoose (Post 10718)
For a company that is so good with user interfaces they sure screw with the users!

My big problem with Apple over the years is imho over priced product that weirdly treats their early adopters. There is no reason that Apple shouldn't have announced that product. They know people wait for news from it.

deacongreg 02-06-2008 02:25 PM

Very bad marketing on their part.

luke 02-07-2008 11:05 PM

Re: Damn you Apple! ALMOST ROTTEN TO THE CORE ....

I do have to say i am an Apple person from the start. I am still trying to figure out what party i was at in San Fran and what Beatles Album , i was joking about to people at that party I though a great name for a computer company was PEAR . But the Steves' won out on that and i have been thinking about how to sue them ever since. So now what ever Apple and a couple of those people there do , does not suprise me a bit, or a bite. Apple had one great little computer thing , multi-colored gismo / Newton Type computer , that could talk to other computers in a class room. GREAT FOR CHEATING. NO ONE BOUGHT INTO IT , BUT IT WAS IN FACT A FIRST AND WAS ONE OF THE THINGS THAT BROUGHT THE WORLD WHAT WE NOW CALL , I-PHONE , I-TOUCH AND I-POD. So back to the open boxes of apple returns " cause i wanted a 35 gig". I bought one of the first G-5s , Apple as i said some "people " there know who i am , so i got mad about , being cheated .BEING ONE OF THE FIRST PEOPLE TO BUY A "PEAR" .. SO what i did was take it back to the closest Apple Store , which was in Delaware at that time , Christina Mall in fact and mouthed off to everyone in sight with this G-5 my birthday gift on a rope ... Well anyway i did get a newer G-5 AND I AM SURE THAT MANAGER OF THAT APPLE STORE WILL NEVER FORGET ME , NOR THAT MALL . I HAD A FRIEND TAKE PICTURES OF ME WITH THAT G-5 ROPED UP , BEING DRAGGED THROUGH THAT MALL , LIKE IT WAS ROUND UP TIME.AN IDEA FOR YOU CALL APPLE / PEAR AND FIGHT WITH THEM LET THEM KNOW YOU WILL GET LOUD ABOUT IT , IF ONE OF THEIR MOUTHY PHONE RATZ GETS MOUTHLY WITH YOU TELL THEM YOU WANT A SUP, THENGET LOUDER. APPLE AS BAD AS THEY HAVE GOTTEN IN THE LAST FEW YEARS ARE NOT ROTTEN TO THE CORE . YET
I THINK SIR G. HARRISON WROTE A SONG ABOUT THAT , KINDA CHANGED IT , HE MIGHT EVEN HAVE WRITTEN 2 SONGS ABOUT APPLES AND BEING ROTTEN TO THE CORE ! BUT THAT IS A WHOLE BUNCH OF OTHER PEARS , SO TO SPEAK .... BY THE WAY I SPRAY PAINT ALL OF MY APPLES, PEAR GREEN AND THEN PAINT A PEAR ON THEM.. I DO HOPE THEY COME OUT WITH A 35 GIG YELLOW SUB OR "LOVE" I-PEAR SOON. DOES ANYONE WANT TO BUY A LISA OR A PORTABLE APPLE THAT MUST WEIGHT ABOUT AS MUCH AS A BUSHEL OF PEARS ! I STILL HAVE THEM AND WHAT ABOUT ONE OF THOSE ALL ON 1 APPLE/PEAR -TV COMPUTERS I STILL HAVE ONEOF THOSE ALSO. MINE , ITS DOES WINDOWS 2000 AND CABLE TV AND APPLE X ITS ABOUT 10 YRS OLD BUT ITS GREEN AND I EVEN TRIED TO SEE IF APPLE/PEAR WANTED TO BUY IT BACK FROM ME ... SO THEY CAN LEARN HOW TO MAKE GREAT COMPUTERS AGAIN. BUT FORD DIDN'T MAKE A MODEL "T" TO LAST A LIFE TIME OR DID HE? ? LUKE