Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Off-Topic Posts

Off-Topic Posts Want to vent about politics, your annoying neighbor or let people know about something funny you saw on You Tube? Here is the place to do so.

Old 02-09-2008   #19

Default Re: Damn you Apple!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
Well, did it work?
Still futzing with it..... so much for starting over.. if I had been smart (funny how hindsight is always so clear?) I would have checked the support on Apples website and just repaired it, well, now I at least have fresh installs of everything..... Maybe I should do this for my main computer as well?? It has a little funk to it this might get rid of....

Last edited by kennyt; 02-09-2008 at 06:08 AM..
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kloneman View Post
As I recall, we did a permissions repair, which is something I would recommend prior to, and following most updates. I may have tweaked some things from the shell, but I don't recall. I know that after I did that, the installation just worked as it should.
We also brought back the superuser and then somehow made his admin rights mine.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Still futzing with it..... so much for starting over.. if I had been smart (funny how hindsight is always so clear?) I would have checked the support on Apples website and just repaired it, well, now I at least have fresh installs of everything..... Maybe I should do this for my main computer as well?? It has a little funk to it this might get rid of....
Also, unlike PCs, having to completely format hard drives and start over is very, very rarely necessary. Usually the only time I see this done is when there is a know error on the drive that needs repair. When I have had bad software installs (including OS updates), we have never had to format the hard drive. Because my computers are not just fun toys to play with, I do not accept formatting the hard drive as solution to fixing software problems. This was one of the main reasons I dumped PCs.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008   #22

But still, as big as that bite is , ain't Apples cool ? A 10 year old can invent an O.S. nowadays. But to make a computer , small and light enough that you can make a Kite out of it or ship it in a BROWN PAPER ENVELOPE, Now that is COOL AND I GIVE THEM A 10 OUT OF 10 FOR THIS ONE. REALLY WHO NEEDS A DVD OR CD PLAYER OR RECORDER IN THEIR MAILABLE COMPUTER/KITE ANYWAY! Love the name Mac Book "AIR" TOO BAD THE SCREEN/TOP DOES NOT FLIP AROUND OR BEND ALL THE WAY OVER. NOW THAT WOULD BE GREAT... GREAT FOR SKYDIVING , SPACE TRAVEL ... SOME ONE HAS TO COME UP WITH A HORROR MOVIE STARRING ONE OF THEM...... WOW , SO MAYBE APPLE REALLY ISN'T THAT BAD.
luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008   #23
Super Moderator

The tool I normally used for the task of revealing the root account in previous versions is Netinfo Manager, but I am not sure I saw it installed on yours. The way to do it under Leopard is as follows:

1. From the Finder, navigate to the Utilities folder.
2. Open the Directory Utility.
3. Click on the padlock to allow edits.
4. select "Edit"
5. select "Enable Root Password"
6. Enter your password, and then re-enter it.

You should be able to access items that require root access, but you may need to log out/and back in. (I cannot recall)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpiii View Post
We also brought back the superuser and then somehow made his admin rights mine.
Old 03-06-2008   #24

Angry Damn you Apple, Again!

Apple screws iTouch users again!

From Gizmodo

All of the awesomeness you've been reading aboutófrom an AIM client to Enterprise goodnessówill be coming your way in June with the final 2.0 software update. For free! Unless you've gotta an iPod touch, then due to those nefarious "accounting practices" you have to pay to get the update. Again!

Apple plans to release the final iPhone 2.0 software, including the iPhone SDK and new enterprise features, as a free software update for all iPhone customers by the end of June. Third party applications created for the iPhone will also run on the iPod touch, and iPod touch users will be required to purchase a software update to run these applications. The free beta iPhone SDK is available immediately worldwide and can be downloaded at developer.apple.com/iphone/program. The iPhone Developer Program will initially be available in the US and will expand to other countries in the coming months. Apple is accepting applications beginning today from enterprise customers who would like to join the private iPhone Enterprise Beta Program

I gave $500 for my 32G iTouch but I have to pay extra for things iPhone users get for free!?
I'm guessing I can expect to pay extra for every add on to my iTouch.
Screw you Apple!
Not really giving me a warn fuzzy feeling about Apple, not very Damn likely that I'll be getting any other Apple products.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links