Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Off-Topic Posts

Off-Topic Posts Want to vent about politics, your annoying neighbor or let people know about something funny you saw on You Tube? Here is the place to do so.

Old 02-08-2008   #13

Default Re: Damn you Apple!

Too late, I got impatient and am starting over.... I'll likely regret it but it's to late to stop now!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008   #14

Thumbs up Re: Damn you Apple!

kennyt,

Dr. Source, how are you kenny? I went to the Krell Consciousness seminar at Sound by Singer last night. Dan, has got to be one of the most knowledgeable men in high end audio. Heard and saw their new preamp processor the 707, for 2 channel (of course) and home theater use. And the very impressive sounding KID (Krell Interface Dock) with the Evolution 600 watt amplifiers, and the Modulaire Two speakers. Most files were Lossless or Wave, and sounded very good. I brought, Walking in Space by Quincy Jones on cd, along with Prelude by Eumir Deodato. His version of 2001s a Space Odyssey sounded great.
Dan had some interesting views of the future, and who are the real players, and who are not.

The KID is $1500.00. The new 707 will be about $40,000. Get out your check book.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008   #15

Greg, I've been waiting for a good new pre/pro!

Dan's a class act no doubt! I have yet to own Krell amps, but almost bought the Evo line for my HT then didn't for one reason or another, soon they will be mine....
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008   #16

Smile Re: Damn you Apple!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Greg, I've been waiting for a good new pre/pro!

Dan's a class act no doubt! I have yet to own Krell amps, but almost bought the Evo line for my HT then didn't for one reason or another, soon they will be mine....
I gotta tell you. There is something about dan`s gear. The cleanliness, seemingly unlimited power reserves, the lack of effort from those Evolution 600 amplifiers was just excellent. I wish i had more time to listen to more music. I did not want to leave.................................
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Too late, I got impatient and am starting over.... I'll likely regret it but it's to late to stop now!
Well, did it work?
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008   #18
Super Moderator

Smile Re: Damn you Apple!

As I recall, we did a permissions repair, which is something I would recommend prior to, and following most updates. I may have tweaked some things from the shell, but I don't recall. I know that after I did that, the installation just worked as it should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpiii View Post
No. You do not need to format the hard drive. There is a simple fix to get admin rights back. I had one of my apple guru friends help me with it. I need to ask him again what we did and post it for you.

Last edited by kloneman; 02-08-2008 at 11:30 PM..
kloneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links