Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Off-Topic Posts

Off-Topic Posts Want to vent about politics, your annoying neighbor or let people know about something funny you saw on You Tube? Here is the place to do so.

Old 02-03-2008   #1

Question HK to discontinue Lexicon, Revel, and Levinson

I heard a rumor from a local a/v store last night that HK is going to discontinue the acquired subject brands on June 1st '08 because the high end lines are too complex to continue.

Has anyone else heard this?
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008   #2

Default Re: HK to discontinue Lexicon, Revel, and Levinson

Well, I haven't heard anything to that effect but Revel just released an entirely new top of the line speaker system, and Mark Levinson is coming out with a new pre/pro and series of amplifiers as well as Lexicon recently adding to their line up, so if they are, they spent a ton on research to leave all the sales on the table.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Well, I haven't heard anything to that effect but Revel just released an entirely new top of the line speaker system, and Mark Levinson is coming out with a new pre/pro and series of amplifiers as well as Lexicon recently adding to their line up, so if they are, they spent a ton on research to leave all the sales on the table.
That among other things is why I was surprised to hear this.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008   #4

NOT A CHANCE!!!!!

Mark Levinson makes BANK in Lexus. They will NEVER stop making gear under that name. Why spend so much money on my next AV preamp - the No. 502 (coming soon to a theater near ME)...?

Revel isn't expensive. They are outsourcing their cabinets etc.. WAY cheaper than before. Award winning etc...

Lexicon has two generations of reputation. All three of these brands are salable if they wanted to kill them but my sources say everything stays the same. COUNT on that happening. This rumor, I fear, is pure bull****....
Old 02-03-2008   #5

Default Totally wrong

I just made some phone calls on a Sunday night and this whole tread is based on crap.

It will never happen.

Confirmed.

j

pS: I just made $200 on the Giants. Screw the cheating Pats. Eagles forever...!!!!!
Old 02-04-2008   #6

Good to hear!

It seemed unlikely with all the new developments and the success of the car system, oh and BTW Jerry, glad to hear the 502 is coming to you!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
14, audio, cddvd, coming, discontinues, dvd, happening, levinson, lexicon, mark, players, prepro, repair, speaker, system