Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Off-Topic Posts

Off-Topic Posts Want to vent about politics, your annoying neighbor or let people know about something funny you saw on You Tube? Here is the place to do so.

Old 02-04-2008   #7

Default Re: HK to discontinue Lexicon, Revel, and Levinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpiii View Post
I heard a rumor from a local a/v store last night that HK is going to discontinue the acquired subject brands on June 1st '08 because the high end lines are too complex to continue.

Has anyone else heard this?
What store?

Seriously I'd love to know what Dallas area store is using such a nasty tactic.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008   #8

I know that I am very, very late to this post, but I think I know how this rumor got started.

HSG moved the Lexicon/Mark Levinson/Revel repair facilities and their respective headquarters to Woodbury Long Island on June 1st . This was planned months in advance but kept secret. Many people were laid off, some, who wanted to come were transferred. Part of the reason is that the repair facilities were not working out well. They were centralized, for the major brands, in Bedford Mass a few years earlier when the takeover was complete. Even then (about 2002) they were dissatisfied with the results and a lot of people we laid off, a few were retired.
Lefisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008   #9

Default Re: Totally wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano View Post
I just made some phone calls on a Sunday night and this whole tread is based on crap.

It will never happen.

Confirmed.

j

pS: I just made $200 on the Giants. Screw the cheating Pats. Eagles forever...!!!!!
Well Jerry,

I guess that is good for you. You need to switch allegiances anyway and become a N.Y. Giant fan. With Brian Westbrook hurt, they are in trouble once again. Too bad because Donovan looks like his old self.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008   #10

I`m glad to hear Jerry that it is, just a rumor.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008   #11
wes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Good to hear!

It seemed unlikely with all the new developments and the success of the car system, oh and BTW Jerry, glad to hear the 502 is coming to you!
The 502 this must be an amazing piece at an amaizing price cool I want to review iit as well do keep it afterwards?
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
14, audio, cddvd, coming, discontinues, dvd, happening, levinson, lexicon, mark, players, prepro, repair, speaker, system