Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Off-Topic Posts

Off-Topic Posts Want to vent about politics, your annoying neighbor or let people know about something funny you saw on You Tube? Here is the place to do so.

Old 01-25-2008   #7

Default I hate being broke

Unlike KennyT - I am trying to save money. I stayed at the MGM for CES - NOT THE WYNN and saved a boatload. I am trying to cut back on crazy spending in this odd economy BUT BUT BUT....

I want that laptop!!!!!!

Its PERFECT for the way I use it. All for travel thus its lightness is perfect. I don't care that there is no drive. I will rip all of my movies onto a Flash Drive and do it that way. NO PROBLEM.

Chalk up another hit for Jobs!!!

j
Old 01-25-2008   #8

Default Re: MacBook Air: Hot stuff or Hot Air?

I just heard on Buzz Out Loud that people doing benchmarking are saying the Air is the slowest macBook made right now.
Would that make you think about waiting for the 2nd gen Air?
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008   #9
Super Moderator

Default Re: I hate being broke

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano View Post
Unlike KennyT - I am trying to save money. I stayed at the MGM for CES - NOT THE WYNN and saved a boatload. I am trying to cut back on crazy spending in this odd economy BUT BUT BUT....

I want that laptop!!!!!!

Its PERFECT for the way I use it. All for travel thus its lightness is perfect. I don't care that there is no drive. I will rip all of my movies onto a Flash Drive and do it that way. NO PROBLEM.

Chalk up another hit for Jobs!!!

j
Rip them to flash using what - a tethered USB drive? I have a Firewire based camcorder - and this thing won't properly interface to it. The storage is dismal compared to my existing 17 inch Powerbook. I will wait to see what he does to the rest of the line before I jump. I think it is too much money for not enough computer, and I own only Macs and SGIs...
kloneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008   #10

I dont think this laptop is for the hardcore user. I couldn't make it work without having another more serious machine like my G5's...

j
Old 01-26-2008   #11

Default Re: I hate being broke

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano View Post
I want that laptop!!!!!!
I knew it! I didn't even bother to ask!

Did you pre-order one?

I can't justify it now, and my laptops are pretty low use except when I travel, but one day.....

Yes, you heard it here first, I am NOT buying something!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008   #12

SEE MY NOTE ABOUT THEM 'DAMN APPLE' , THEY MAKE GREAT KITES AND ARE MAILABLE MAYBE SOME ONE WILL MAKE A HORROR MOVIE WITH ONE IN IT .. WHAT WAS IT , THAT THEY SAID ABOUT THE " NEW YARDBIRDS " ANYWAY..
PS. THIS WAS WRITTEN WITH A "LISA" AND THE I THINK THE CAP LOCKS FINALLY BROKE ON IT ... ANYONE ONE WANT TO BUY IT , ITS ONE OF THE FIRST AND ITS ALITTLE BIT HEAVIER THEN THE AIR-MAC . I STILL HAVE THE CASE AND ALL EXTRAS , NO CD OR DVD WITH IT .. BUT IT TYPES ... AND IT TALKS , INTERNET, GAMES , AND WITH SOME HACKS ITS DOES ALOT OF OS'S AND MORE . IT'S ALSO MADE IN THE USA . I HAVE A WIRE TO MAKE IT HOOK UP TO A TV AND I MADE THE SCREEN COLOR. IT DOES I-TUNES AND SOFT WINDOWS AND STARRY NIGHT PRO .. SO WHY BOTHER WITH AIR-MAC /BOOK ! SAVE YOUR MONEY , WAIT A LITTLE APPLE IS GOING TO COME OUT WITH SOME THING THAT WILL BLOW YOU AWAY BY NEXT CHRISTMAS BETTER THEN A UFO .
luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
air, audio, cool, flash, hot, macbook, normal, playing, problem, run, runs, stuff, super, video, videos