Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Posts (http://www.avrev.com/forum/off-topic-posts-56/)
-   -   I think I'll post here now. (http://www.avrev.com/forum/off-topic-posts/1437-i-think-ill-post-here-now.html)

glocksout 01-11-2008 10:34 AM

I think I'll post here now.

Like dobyblue, I posted on High Def Digest for the last several months. Unfortunately I was banned for good with no explanation thus far (they PM the reason but the ban prevents you from reading the message).

Well, I'm in Southern California and I work for a high-end custom integrator. I put together proposals for salesmen, so I do most of the project's engineering, I research new product and keep up to date on pretty much everything going on in the CE industry as it pertains to residential integration.

I've had occasion to chat with Jerry over email, he's a good guy. Good to be here.

kennyt 01-11-2008 11:33 AM

Re: I think I'll post here now.

Welcome to the forum!

As for Jerry, he is a GREAT guy and is so in tune with the goings on in this business it is sometimes scary.

I am proud to work for him and consider him a good friend. My job @ AVRev.com is what I affectionately call my hobby job, I have a real gig, I do this for the love of the business and getting to work with people like Jerry and Andrew Robinson is such a perk! Screw the 401K (well I get that at the other job) and the vacation, I love my time with AVRev!

deacongreg 01-11-2008 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glocksout (Post 9229)
Like dobyblue, I posted on High Def Digest for the last several months. Unfortunately I was banned for good with no explanation thus far (they PM the reason but the ban prevents you from reading the message).

Well, I'm in Southern California and I work for a high-end custom integrator. I put together proposals for salesmen, so I do most of the project's engineering, I research new product and keep up to date on pretty much everything going on in the CE industry as it pertains to residential integration.

I've had occasion to chat with Jerry over email, he's a good guy. Good to be here.

Most definitely, most definitely, most definitely!!! My time here as well has been wonderful. To be able to share and talk about the equipment that you love, is a wonderful. I met Jerry also through reading avrev.com on line, and then commenting on his reviews. Which are always very informative, insightful, and straight forward. When he asked me to be part of this forum he was putting together, it was honor.

rex 04-27-2008 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glocksout (Post 9229)

glocksout,
Ever find out why they banned you? Maybe something you said offended their sponsors? It is funny that now AVRev has the same owners as High-def Digest!
They seem to be fairly tolerant here. At least I haven't been banned yet!

kennyt 04-27-2008 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rex (Post 14381)
At least I haven't been banned yet!

As long as you stay polite and don't go out of your way to start fights, you are welcome to post what ever opinion you want here!

glocksout 04-28-2008 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rex (Post 14381)
glocksout,
Ever find out why they banned you? Maybe something you said offended their sponsors? It is funny that now AVRev has the same owners as High-def Digest!
They seem to be fairly tolerant here. At least I haven't been banned yet!

They said I was "baiting." Of course the nature of that forum allowed anything to be considered baiting. You could have said, "Blu-ray has more sales" and it could be considered baiting.