Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Off-Topic Posts

Off-Topic Posts Want to vent about politics, your annoying neighbor or let people know about something funny you saw on You Tube? Here is the place to do so.

Old 12-31-2007   #7

Default Re: Is the recording industry trying to kill CD's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
Do you really think that if the judge agrees with them they would not start using that against everyone??
If the judge agrees that makes it wide open to use against everyone.

The RIAA is rapidly becoming the new KGB & Gestapo, if they give them an inch they will take a mile.

As an example Say some big wig in the industry like Jerry makes a big editorial on how bad the RIAA is for the recording industry, do you think for one second the next day they wouldn't be knocking on his door with a warrant for his computer & if he had any of his legally purchased CD's ripped to his hard drive that they would drag him to court because some judge made it possible by finding in thier favor on this case?
No judge is going to find in their favor on that. It would go against previous rulings.

I believe the RIAA needs to quit suing and get the FBI involved and make it criminal. Send them to jail and fine them. That will get the attention of people.

Piracy is wrong.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
No judge is going to find in their favor on that. It would go against previous rulings.

I believe the RIAA needs to quit suing and get the FBI involved and make it criminal. Send them to jail and fine them. That will get the attention of people.

Piracy is wrong.
I agree that piracy is wrong, but there is no telling what a judge might do!
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #9

Quote:
I agree that piracy is wrong, but there is no telling what a judge might do!
Well they aren't asking for the judge to find it illegal to rip music. They're asking him to find in their financial favor against a guy ripping and allowing people to download his music.
Old 12-31-2007   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Well they aren't asking for the judge to find it illegal to rip music. They're asking him to find in their financial favor against a guy ripping and allowing people to download his music.
OK the way I'm reading this is they are also trying to pile on a charge that says ripping your legally purchased CD's is illegal, if the judge rules in the RIAA's favor on that then it means they can go after anyone for that because they have set a legal precedent.
So yes they are trying to get the judge to say it's illegal to rip music.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #11

I won't quote you because I don't use certain types of language, but I agree with the spirit of your post. I do not want to get up and put a cd in my player everytime I want to hear something. I don't rip to mp3 either - I rip to .wav and other lossless formats.
prerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #12

Quote:
OK the way I'm reading this is they are also trying to pile on a charge that says ripping your legally purchased CD's is illegal, if the judge rules in the RIAA's favor on that then it means they can go after anyone for that because they have set a legal precedent.
So yes they are trying to get the judge to say it's illegal to rip music.
This is a civil case.
Sponsored Links

Tags
av, cds, computers, copyright, dualdisc, forum, import, industry, kill, killing, portable, record, recording, scottsdale, studio