Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Off-Topic Posts

Off-Topic Posts Want to vent about politics, your annoying neighbor or let people know about something funny you saw on You Tube? Here is the place to do so.

Old 11-24-2007   #7

Default Re: Shop on Black Friday... What did you get!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano View Post
Hey Lotus,

I am good at sales. Can I come and work for you if I can win a KURO?

Well it's all part of my master plan to raise sales at the family business, which is part high end audio. We're reconstructing the floor space to be actual rooms in a house to help show the different uses of today's technologies.

I'm also trying to get a couple high end demo rooms in the area's two premier golf clubs and we're working with Acoustic Innovations on that...

I'm not sure about getting a room into a hospital though, well maybe in the plastic surgery section... that's where the money is right?
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007   #8

I did get out to Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target, and Fry's today looking for deals on both HD DVD and BD titles.

Best Buy really went out of their way to change their "Next Gen," aisle, and it looks sweet, but the cost was prohibitive. No real deals on Software, $25 to $30 a title. Wal-Mart was better with a few $15 titles, some $20 titles, and the rest $25. Wal-Mart had the coolest display of the bunch, having a large square shaped exhibit with each "wall," of the square a nice 1080p flat screen display showing either HD DVD or BD, with both having equal floor space. Fry's was just expensive.

Target on the otherhand was a treasure trove of great deals. A lot of $15 titles, and the rest were $20. I spent around $600 at Target just on software.

The interesting thing was Paramount titles on BD were priced at Target $30 or $35. When I asked a guy in a red shirt he said his boss changed their price because once they're gone, they're gone. Wow a smart manager at a Target... who'd have thunk...
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007   #9

I got a really good deal on a Panasonic TC-32LX70 LCD TV for $600 from Circuit City, and on Saturday. They matched the same deal that Fry's Electronics had advertised (I hate shopping at Fry's though).
It's a 720p, but I bought it as a gift for my mother's dining/kitchen area. I'm thinking about buying another one before the weekend is over.
John Paul Ahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007   #10

My wife and her daughter left the house before 4AM, I've not seen anything they bought....

The Ellenton outlet malls, a place I rarely find anything any way at, opened at 12:01 AM Friday, I know of people who rented hotel rooms to be there. Apparently the traffic was so backed up that the last highway mile took over 45 minutes to drive!

I can't imagine fighting that!

A good friend of mine brought up another interesting point, the #1 thing to buy on BF are electronic goods, the #2?? Gift Cards! Why the hell would you go early for them?? Like the stores are ever going to run out of them!

I wish I could sell gift cards! What something like 50% of them never get used at all or in time... Great scam really, you pay for them, the store never has to cash them, well, doesn't cash most of them! Sounds more like retail lottery than sales to me....
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007   #11

There was nothing that interested me enough to get out and deal with the crowds. I was hoping for a HD DVD buy one get one free deal but I didn't see any locally.
TracyRainH2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007   #12

Black who??! Black what??!! Lines, humans, parking.....................
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
black, friday, line, waiting, worth