Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Posts (http://www.avrev.com/forum/off-topic-posts-56/)
-   -   Do you shop on "Black Friday"? (http://www.avrev.com/forum/off-topic-posts/1039-do-you-shop-black-friday.html)

TheMoose 11-11-2007 09:48 AM

Do you shop on "Black Friday"?

As for me the answer is a big Hell No!!
There is no way I'm going to get in line at 3 AM or earlier with a thousand crazy people & then run through the doors 5 hours later to try to be 1 of the 3 people to get $100 off something!!

There would have to be some amazing super big huge mega deal before I would even consider it & I probably still wouldn't!!

kennyt 11-11-2007 10:04 AM

Re: Do you shop on "Black Friday"?

I'm with you Moose,

My wife and her daughters go out every year on this, they leave the house at like 5 AM and are gone most of the morning and some of the afternoon. For me it's a time to rest if i am not working and have the house to myself!

I wouldn't go to a store if I had to that day!

JerryDelColliano 11-11-2007 01:44 PM

I do not shop on Black Friday nor will I shop in ANY shopping Mall of any kind.

With our offices on Rodeo Drive (1/2 block away) I stick with indie stores as much as I can. Its hard to avoid Best Buy but Wal-Mart and those types both my wife and I skip. We are willing to pay a little extra to support local businesses.

Lotus 11-11-2007 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano (Post 6066)
I do not shop on Black Friday nor will I shop in ANY shopping Mall of any kind.

With our offices on Rodeo Drive (1/2 block away) I stick with indie stores as much as I can. Its hard to avoid Best Buy but Wal-Mart and those types both my wife and I skip. We are willing to pay a little extra to support local businesses.

I have ways of buying just about anything at cost in the AV world so I have no need to shop for expensive gear on Black Friday. I rarely hear of great software deals that don't last the entire weekend. Plus they overstock on titles for the weekend anyway.

I made friends with the manager of my closest Best Buy and in years past I just order a giant number of titles from them and he gets me a big discount. I just go in and pick the package up and it takes me about 10 minutes.

Sure beats waiting 30 minutes to an hour for a cashier and dealing with the masses.

J.J. 11-20-2007 03:57 PM

No! Hell No! I hate Walmart because of the chaos on ordinary days. I work in the dreaded retail business and avoid the general public as much as possible anyway. I try not to even drive on holidays, that's when all the twice a year travelers take off on their journey in the left lane and never leave it except to swerve into your lane.

In the end, most of the deals are carried over after Black Friday in some fashion and if you look you are not getting a great deal anyway and it's usually on lower end stuff so they can post an outrageously low price.

Not me!