Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Remotes, Home Automation and PC Convergence > Music/Video Servers & MP3 Players

Music/Video Servers & MP3 Players From dedicated music servers to PCs for music to integrating your iPod - discuss everything about music servers here.

Old 09-12-2007   #1

Default Music Giants: 4x better audio than iTunes

I went to the Music Giants press event at CEDIA and was impressed to hear that they will likely have EMI's music on their service soon and they they plan to have video coming to their system as well.

While iTunes has a LOT more music to buy - the best they can sell you is 256k. Music Giants does 1100 KBS.

They BADLY need major label support and I think they will get it with Sony being the last to come along.

The Audio business NEEDS high res music for wealthy yet mainstream clients. How could a CEDIA installer miss the chance to sell $50,000 in music to somebody who just wants "it all"?
Old 09-13-2007   #2

Default Re: Music Giants: 4x better audio than iTunes

I am still waiting for the next jump in bandwidth so we can all download 1080p with uncompressed audio in a reasonable time, ideally better than real time.

Get me there and Cable, DVD, Blu-ray, HD DVD... all are useless! I will only need Cat (fill in what it will be) wiring for my home and a computer at each HT!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007   #3

That jump is going to take a LONG TIME. I bet its 5 to 10 years.

If you want to live in a world of vaporware - go ahead - but I am going to take high res music now.

j
Old 09-13-2007   #4

I think this is a good thing. I`ve been on their website, and like you said Jerry, they do need full label support and more music. At least, for what I listen to. That is exciting about EMI. Their vinyl recordings were very good. I hope the early Pat Metheny stuff I had on EMI, made its way in.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007   #5

Jerry,

I DO live in a world of vaporware.....

Did you forget I am an Anesthesiologist??

Gas is my life! Literally!

KT
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007   #6

Smile Re: Music Giants: 4x better audio than iTunes

I was on MusicGiants this morning. And Surprise, surprise, saw some new editions in Jazz and Soul music. Kanye West, The Dramatics, Kirk Franklin (Gospel), The Main Ingredient, there seems to be some life!!
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
aix, beter, forum, geluid, giant, giants, hd, itunes, met, mp3, music, musicgiants, servers, sound, uit