Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Remotes, Home Automation and PC Convergence > Music/Video Servers & MP3 Players

Music/Video Servers & MP3 Players From dedicated music servers to PCs for music to integrating your iPod - discuss everything about music servers here.

Old 11-09-2011   #25

Default Re: Western Digital TV HD Media Player

Firstly, you should decide whether you want to install alternative (unofficial) firmware or not. You can roll back to the standard official firmware whenever you like though. The alternative firmware allows you to show backgrounds with movie info (like on my screenshot) and a lot of other stuff on your TV. Without it you will be able to see only covers of your movies instead of video file or folder icon (which is also great). So for the best experience I'd recommend installing the alternative firmware, it does no harm, but extends your player's abilities.

The web adress of the alternative firmware that is needed for such customization is on the screenshot in the attachment (Sorry, I am not able to post links until I make 5 posts)

Download this one: "1.02.21_WDLXTVCOM_WDLXTV_LIVE-0.4.3.1.zip"

Before the setup simply open and edit in Notepad the "wdtvlive.ver" file and change the version number there to any value higher than your current firmware version number. This is needed for your WDTV to start updating.
Save changes and proceed to the "S00custom-options" file. Open it as well and add these strings in the end:
config_tool -c SHOW_FILESIZE_SETTING=0
config_tool -c MSHEETMODE=sheet
config_tool -c VIDMSHEET=ON
config_tool -c GENMSHEET=ON
config_tool -c LISTMSHEET=ON

Now simply copy all modified and unmodified files of the firmware to the root of your flash stick or hard drive and plugit in WD TV. Accept the firmware update.

After the firmware installation you can try creating a catalog with Movienizer (you can google it easily). The program is intuitive and rather useful even if your'e not going to use WDTV. It's a movie cataloger that automatically searches and downloads info about your movies from the net (IMDb and other resources) thus forming a catalog of your film collection. Add some movie, download info and covers for it in the program and click "Tools" - "Create covers for WDTV".
Now if you browse to the folder with video file in it you'll see the similar view like on my screenshot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011-11-08_1049.jpg (4.3 KB, 9 views)
Ceeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #26

sharing this.
Pia Hudspeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfonseca View Post
This media player doesn't have an ethernet port or wireless capability... for me this is a deal breaker. I've had a Dlink Medialounge for about three years and it works without a glitch. I stream video through my ethernet network without any visible glitches. While the model I own doesn't support HD video, Dlink has newer models which do and also have USB ports...
the wd live hd media player has ethernet port works greath.
thor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
2009, april, digital, firmware, forum, hack, hd, hookup, instructions, media, player, post, tv, wd, western