Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Remotes, Home Automation and PC Convergence > Music/Video Servers & MP3 Players

Music/Video Servers & MP3 Players From dedicated music servers to PCs for music to integrating your iPod - discuss everything about music servers here.

Old 05-26-2009   #13

Default Re: Western Digital TV HD Media Player

all my files are in mkv format burnt as a data dvd
jmcamz2899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009   #14
Administrator

Hmmm I'll have to try that sometimes. Seems to me if the DVD drive was in a USB box it should work. You know it dosen't?
rbinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009   #15

I bought WD HDTV box and could use the connection to play the video, music or picture on my LCD 1080p with a clear crisp quality. The only problem right now is when I played mts video with digital sound, it complained about the incompatible sound output and hence I could not hear any sound.

- I used only HDMI cable to my LCD, and could hear normal sound
- Sometime, after several tries switching setting of sound from Digital to Stereo, I could hear the sound from one movie I'm struggling to set. And that movie only, no other movies could have sound.
- And after I switched everything off, the next time when I opened it, the problem came back, no sound for any mts2 movies even with one that I could hear the previous time!

Any hint to solve this annoyance is really appreciated
Thanks
Hung
hung2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009   #16
Administrator

Welcome to the forum.

Couple of things come to mind. One, have you updated the firmware to the latest? Two, you might try changing the file ext to .ts and see if it plays. If not then you need to upgrade. If it does play then it may solve the issue because since the .ts files can be mpeg2 or h.264 the player has to look closer at .ts files. Worth a shot anyway.
Old 06-27-2009   #17

Just bought it, looks nice, but all my movvie filies are stored in groups and th player is reading it in alfabetic order.
Can I change this? thanks
vdakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009   #18
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdakker View Post
Just bought it, looks nice, but all my movvie filies are stored in groups and th player is reading it in alfabetic order.
Can I change this? thanks
The only way I know is to add a number at the front of the file name.
Sponsored Links

Tags
2009, april, digital, firmware, forum, hack, hd, hookup, instructions, media, player, post, tv, wd, western