Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Remotes, Home Automation and PC Convergence > Music/Video Servers & MP3 Players

Music/Video Servers & MP3 Players From dedicated music servers to PCs for music to integrating your iPod - discuss everything about music servers here.

Old 04-24-2009   #7
Administrator

Default Re: Western Digital TV HD Media Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Walters View Post
rbinck et als.,
I got the Western for other reasons............to store test patterns..........but I'm finding more & more thing to do with it!!!!!!!!!
Wow! That's a great idea for a calibration tech. The small WD player and a 16 GB flash stick and you are ready to go. Great application. I have used mine for karaoke also. Load my stick with the videos and head out to friends house with a karaoke setup. Also for parties, instant HD music videos. I collect these from my DVR using my Hauppague 1212 capture box.
rbinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009   #8

This media player doesn't have an ethernet port or wireless capability... for me this is a deal breaker. I've had a Dlink Medialounge for about three years and it works without a glitch. I stream video through my ethernet network without any visible glitches. While the model I own doesn't support HD video, Dlink has newer models which do and also have USB ports...
gfonseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009   #9
Administrator

There are some people working on firmware to allow a USB to ethernet adapter to be used. So far they have a beta version, but it is not widely used enough for me to try it. I don't want to turn my player into a plastic brick.

You are not alone in your requirements. WD really didn't make this product for your application, that's for sure.
Old 04-25-2009   #10

Thats a very cool setup, thanks for the tip

Last edited by Flay; 05-08-2009 at 11:07 AM..
photogray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009   #11

I ve been holding off getting one of these for a while, im waiting until someone can add usb external dvd support. I burnt a lot of my files onto some dual layer dvds because ur hard drive space can fill up real quick with 1080p files these days.
jmcamz2899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009   #12
Administrator

Are these just files in computer video formats or are the DVDs formatted to play on a Blu-ray player?
Sponsored Links

Tags
2009, april, digital, firmware, forum, hack, hd, hookup, instructions, media, player, post, tv, wd, western