Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Remotes, Home Automation and PC Convergence > Music/Video Servers & MP3 Players

Music/Video Servers & MP3 Players From dedicated music servers to PCs for music to integrating your iPod - discuss everything about music servers here.

Old 09-13-2008   #1

Default Apple TV and iPod touch

I just loaded the iPod Touch app that makes your iPod a remote for your Apple TV. I can see my whole library that is on my apple tv. You can browse your library, choose albums with artwork. I don't have to have the display on.

I then posted this through my iPod Touch while listening to the music. All this through a device a little bigger than five credit cards stacked on top of each other. Wow, how cool is that. If you have an Apple TV and a Touch, you have to give the remote app a try.
HT Junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008   #2
wes

Default Re: Apple TV and iPod touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by HT Junky View Post
I just loaded the iPod Touch app that makes your iPod a remote for your Apple TV. I can see my whole library that is on my apple tv. You can browse your library, choose albums with artwork. I don't have to have the display on. I then posted this through my iPod Touch while listening to the music. All this through a device a little bigger than five credit cards stacked on top of each other. Wow, how cool is that. If you have an Apple TV and a Touch, you have to give the remote app a try.
Which application is that?
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008   #3

Hey Wes,

The application is an Apple app for the iPod touch.

Open iTunes and enter "Apple TV" in the iTunes search (upper right hand corner of iTunes window).

You will see the app in the middle of the iTunes window labeled "Remote". It is a FREE app, created by Apple.
HT Junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008   #4
wes

Cool Re: Apple TV and iPod touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by HT Junky View Post
Hey Wes, The application is an Apple app for the iPod touch. Open iTunes and enter "Apple TV" in the iTunes search (upper right hand corner of iTunes window).
You will see the app in the middle of the iTunes window labeled "Remote". It is a FREE app, created by Apple.
Cool, thanks I might get an apple TV and an Ipod Touch. I wished Apple would make the Aple TV with 1T of hard drive, may be coming to a store near you soon!!
Old 09-16-2008   #5

Hey Wes,
You can use any hard drive external or even the apple time capsule to store the files.
everything can be viewed through the apple tv menus.

Rich
PS the app works great!
filterxpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008   #6
wes

Cool Re: Apple TV and iPod touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by filterxpert View Post
Hey Wes,
You can use any hard drive external or even the apple time capsule to store the files.
everything can be viewed through the apple tv menus. Rich
PS the app works great!
Apple told me that you can not hook up an external hard drive to Apple TV, now if only Real DVD worked on the Mac that would be fantastic.
Sponsored Links

Tags
apple, audio, connect, control, display, drive, hook, house, ipod, itouch, nas, network, stereo, streaming, touch, tv, video