Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Remotes, Home Automation and PC Convergence > Music/Video Servers & MP3 Players

Music/Video Servers & MP3 Players From dedicated music servers to PCs for music to integrating your iPod - discuss everything about music servers here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2008   #1
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Midwest
Posts: 110
Default Apple TV and iPod touch

I just loaded the iPod Touch app that makes your iPod a remote for your Apple TV. I can see my whole library that is on my apple tv. You can browse your library, choose albums with artwork. I don't have to have the display on.

I then posted this through my iPod Touch while listening to the music. All this through a device a little bigger than five credit cards stacked on top of each other. Wow, how cool is that. If you have an Apple TV and a Touch, you have to give the remote app a try.
HT Junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008   #2
wes
Super Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 714
Default Re: Apple TV and iPod touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by HT Junky View Post
I just loaded the iPod Touch app that makes your iPod a remote for your Apple TV. I can see my whole library that is on my apple tv. You can browse your library, choose albums with artwork. I don't have to have the display on. I then posted this through my iPod Touch while listening to the music. All this through a device a little bigger than five credit cards stacked on top of each other. Wow, how cool is that. If you have an Apple TV and a Touch, you have to give the remote app a try.
Which application is that?
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008   #3
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Midwest
Posts: 110
Default Re: Apple TV and iPod touch

Hey Wes,

The application is an Apple app for the iPod touch.

Open iTunes and enter "Apple TV" in the iTunes search (upper right hand corner of iTunes window).

You will see the app in the middle of the iTunes window labeled "Remote". It is a FREE app, created by Apple.
HT Junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008   #4
wes
Super Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 714
Cool Re: Apple TV and iPod touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by HT Junky View Post
Hey Wes, The application is an Apple app for the iPod touch. Open iTunes and enter "Apple TV" in the iTunes search (upper right hand corner of iTunes window).
You will see the app in the middle of the iTunes window labeled "Remote". It is a FREE app, created by Apple.
Cool, thanks I might get an apple TV and an Ipod Touch. I wished Apple would make the Aple TV with 1T of hard drive, may be coming to a store near you soon!!
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Eastern Long Island New York
Posts: 8
Default Re: Apple TV and iPod touch

Hey Wes,
You can use any hard drive external or even the apple time capsule to store the files.
everything can be viewed through the apple tv menus.

Rich
PS the app works great!
filterxpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008   #6
wes
Super Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 714
Cool Re: Apple TV and iPod touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by filterxpert View Post
Hey Wes,
You can use any hard drive external or even the apple time capsule to store the files.
everything can be viewed through the apple tv menus. Rich
PS the app works great!
Apple told me that you can not hook up an external hard drive to Apple TV, now if only Real DVD worked on the Mac that would be fantastic.
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Tags
apple, audio, connect, control, display, drive, hook, house, ipod, itouch, nas, network, stereo, streaming, touch, tv, video

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Apple/ipod shuffle pdaaccessory Music/Video Servers & MP3 Players 2 08-11-2008 07:12 AM
ELAN Home Systems Ships VIA!Valet10.0-EM 10-inch Touch Panel AVRevForum.com Remotes & System Control 1 07-27-2008 06:47 PM
Apple Stores to Begin Selling Directed's Polk Audio iPod Products AVRevForum.com Music/Video Servers & MP3 Players 3 07-02-2008 04:51 AM
Control4 Introduces 7-Inch POE Wall Mount Touch Screen AVRevForum.com Remotes & System Control 1 07-01-2008 02:51 PM
Apple TV Review AVRevForum.com Music/Video Servers & MP3 Players 2 06-13-2007 09:04 AM




SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1