Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Music/Video Servers & MP3 Players (http://www.avrev.com/forum/music-video-servers-mp3-players-14/)
-   -   Apple TV and iPod touch (http://www.avrev.com/forum/music-video-servers-mp3-players/2488-apple-tv-ipod-touch.html)

HT Junky 09-13-2008 05:01 PM

Apple TV and iPod touch
 
I just loaded the iPod Touch app that makes your iPod a remote for your Apple TV. I can see my whole library that is on my apple tv. You can browse your library, choose albums with artwork. I don't have to have the display on.

I then posted this through my iPod Touch while listening to the music. All this through a device a little bigger than five credit cards stacked on top of each other. Wow, how cool is that. If you have an Apple TV and a Touch, you have to give the remote app a try.

wes 09-15-2008 02:24 PM

Re: Apple TV and iPod touch
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HT Junky (Post 17647)
I just loaded the iPod Touch app that makes your iPod a remote for your Apple TV. I can see my whole library that is on my apple tv. You can browse your library, choose albums with artwork. I don't have to have the display on. I then posted this through my iPod Touch while listening to the music. All this through a device a little bigger than five credit cards stacked on top of each other. Wow, how cool is that. If you have an Apple TV and a Touch, you have to give the remote app a try.

Which application is that?

HT Junky 09-15-2008 09:18 PM

Re: Apple TV and iPod touch
 
Hey Wes,

The application is an Apple app for the iPod touch.

Open iTunes and enter "Apple TV" in the iTunes search (upper right hand corner of iTunes window).

You will see the app in the middle of the iTunes window labeled "Remote". It is a FREE app, created by Apple.

wes 09-15-2008 10:23 PM

Re: Apple TV and iPod touch
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HT Junky (Post 17666)
Hey Wes, The application is an Apple app for the iPod touch. Open iTunes and enter "Apple TV" in the iTunes search (upper right hand corner of iTunes window).
You will see the app in the middle of the iTunes window labeled "Remote". It is a FREE app, created by Apple.

Cool, thanks I might get an apple TV and an Ipod Touch. I wished Apple would make the Aple TV with 1T of hard drive, may be coming to a store near you soon!!

filterxpert 09-16-2008 10:15 PM

Re: Apple TV and iPod touch
 
Hey Wes,
You can use any hard drive external or even the apple time capsule to store the files.
everything can be viewed through the apple tv menus.

Rich
PS the app works great!

wes 09-17-2008 10:18 AM

Re: Apple TV and iPod touch
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by filterxpert (Post 17689)
Hey Wes,
You can use any hard drive external or even the apple time capsule to store the files.
everything can be viewed through the apple tv menus. Rich
PS the app works great!

Apple told me that you can not hook up an external hard drive to Apple TV, now if only Real DVD worked on the Mac that would be fantastic.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:01 AM.


1996-2008 AVRev.com | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use


SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1