Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Remotes, Home Automation and PC Convergence > Music/Video Servers & MP3 Players

Music/Video Servers & MP3 Players From dedicated music servers to PCs for music to integrating your iPod - discuss everything about music servers here.

Old 06-01-2007   #1

Default My 30gb iPod video died last night

I have never dropped it or disconnected it imporperly but as of this morning, my iPod video won't power up, it won't charge and yes, i checked to make sure the little switch at the top is not set to "hold" (the button that keeps you from automatically switching songs if you bump it while jogging).

It's just past the warranty and I'm fearfull that its now just a $300 paperweight.

Has anyone found a place that gives good deals on ipod repairs?
AudioGuy2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007   #2

Default Re: My 30gb iPod video died last night

Really sorry to hear that. Quite unfortunate. I will check here in New York, though I do not know if that will help you?

And I guess you did not purchase a service contract or extended warranty?
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007   #3

They will do that.

I don't think iPods last more than about 2 years if you use them a lot.
Old 06-18-2007   #4

Cool THE I - phone

On June 29th, the I - phone is about to hit the shelves. Any thoughts or view points as to how this new product from Apple will effect the AV industry?
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007   #5

my 30gig iPod video supports USB 2.0 only for data transfer, but just for kicks, I plugged my firewire cable into it and voila, it woke up!!

But it did say "this iPod does not support data transfer via Firewire"

This tells me that either my USB 2.0 cable is bad or the power to my USB ports is screwed up. When I plug the USB cable into my computer and plug it into my ipod, my mouse and keyboard which is in USB port 1, goes dead. I think they are sharing the same power source and the load of two items on it screws things up.

I think i'd rather have a dead iPod than a dead Mac.

I'll keep ya'll posted.

B
Sponsored Links

Tags
2007, 30, 30g, 30gb, dead, died, gb, ipd, ipod, plugged, port, usb, video, work, years