Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Remotes, Home Automation and PC Convergence > ModernHomeTheater.com System Tours

ModernHomeTheater.com System Tours Comment on the homes featured on ModernHomeTheater.com.

Old 09-24-2007   #7

Default Re: Does Celebrity Matter on ModernHomeTheater.com?

comparing your various systems to "budget" is like calling a Mercedes S class a "budget" automobile! granted, there are those what drive Ferraris & Aston-Martins, but they're far out-numbered by us mere mortals in our more plebian rides.
Old 09-24-2007   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano View Post
My house is "on a budget" compared to most!!!
Apparently what a "Publisher-CEO" thinks is a budget system isn't the same as a Firefighter thinks is a budget system!!
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
Apparently what a "Publisher-CEO" thinks is a budget system isn't the same as a Firefighter thinks is a budget system!!
Be nice, be nice!!

I do not really care about celebs either, unless like moosepond said, they have a great system and shared some ideas about what they wanted in the systems.
In fact, and this may have changed some now, but I find in magazines, or shows like MTV cribs, celebs and athletes, to me, don`t really have great systems. And they have the means to do so.
When I first subscribed many years ago to AudioVideo Interiors, I was amazed at some of the beautiful homes, but was shocked at the lack of high quality high end systems in these homes. It left me with feeling that the homes were incomplete, without a great system.
And that is saying something, because a lot of these homes were beautiful. But all they had were Sonance in wall speakers, and a couple of subs!!
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #10

Cool Re: Does Celebrity Matter on ModernHomeTheater.com?

It doesn't matter if they are a celebrity or not. It's just cool to see exotic systems and cost no object systems. It's nice to dream. A celebrity with a nice system might give you a reason to relate to them, but in the end it's the system.

Overall, I like to read about products that I may want and be able to afford getting in the future. It would also be nice to hear how these products test using real world equipment, not "these sounded great with my Wilson Watt Puppies".
J.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
-----

Moose

I think you missed my point.

My house is maybe worth $3,000,000 and I have the mortgage to PROVE it. 2400 feet x $1250 per foot (going rate for a fully finished house on 1.25 acres in West LA). Most ModernHomeTheater.com projects are WAY WAY WAY WAY more money than that. Look at that $11,750,000 spec house. The Beverly Hills Post and Beam got a $20,000,000 offer and he FLATLY turned it down. My house couldn't be their guest house!!!!

I was actually REALLY worried about posting my house as I thought it just wasn't grand enough of a house for MHT. I did want to show a modest house being fixed up as well as a theater with COOL gear being integrated into a home more like the way people who can afford the gear live. Not just piles of gear - system integration. I think this "walk the walk" approach seporates us from other notable publications as I and MANY on my staff live the life of high end AV. Just ask KennyT!!!!!
Old 09-24-2007   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.J. View Post
It doesn't matter if they are a celebrity or not. It's just cool to see exotic systems and cost no object systems. It's nice to dream. A celebrity with a nice system might give you a reason to relate to them, but in the end it's the system.

Overall, I like to read about products that I may want and be able to afford getting in the future. It would also be nice to hear how these products test using real world equipment, not "these sounded great with my Wilson Watt Puppies".
-----

I am the only sucker with WATT Puppies.

Most reviewers on staff have Revels.

Good point however. We will make sure the reviews stay relevant to the mainsteam enthusiast. Andrew Robinson has a pretty high end integrated system as well as 2 or 3 other systems with Paradigms, receivers, in-walls, Vizios etc... Same with KennyT who writes a LOT of our reviews.
Sponsored Links

Tags
1080p, 20, 36d, audio, celebrity, eidos, g5, goldmund, green, ink, lear, price, rich, video, wwwreachusgoldmundusacom