Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Remotes, Home Automation and PC Convergence > ModernHomeTheater.com System Tours

ModernHomeTheater.com System Tours Comment on the homes featured on ModernHomeTheater.com.

Old 10-11-2007   #7

Default Re: Pebble Beach Palace - the first MHT project

The woodwork is truly incredible in this home.

The location isn't bad either. Nobody ever accused 17 mile drive for being a ghetto.
Old 10-29-2007   #8

Bryan562 and I play in the Pebble Beach Team Play Championship every year at Pebble Beach. We are going again this year and I couldn't be more excited about it. We came in 3rd gross and 4th net last year. I think we can do better despite the LARGE field.

I would LOVE to see this house in person. I don't know exactly where it is but there are SO MANY cool homes up there hidden in the cypress trees.

j
Old 11-03-2007   #9

View of the water is amazing. I`m very impressed with the neatness of the components in the rack setup, and the very neat wiring.
That JBL Synthesis system is a popular choice in a lot of these homes. Is it a good system, or just convenient, and you could probably put together a better system with separate components from other companies for the same money?
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007   #10

Bryan562 and I just got back from our trip to Pebble Beach which was AWESOME. Unlike last year - we were NOT in contention. The event is a "team play" format meaning that you take the net score of both players at the end of the round. We are both 8 handicaps and play a good number of events during the year but we committed a FATAL SIN. Despite us both making some birdies and some good pars - on three occasions - we both blew up at the same time resulting in one triple bogey and two doubles. With those off the card - we were in the running like last year but those WERE on the card so we finished about 10 strokes from the lead.

Nevertheless, the trip was a blast. The Carmel area is stunning. Some of the homes on Pebble Beach are just incredible. At the intersection of the 17th fairway and the 18th tee - there is a modern home there with a FULLY Titanium roof. I am not joking. Its crazy looking (very cool) and must have cost 2 million dollars. I wonder if it leaks.

j

PS: the weather for our 4 days up there was PERFECT. 55 to 60 degrees and sunny without strong wind.
Old 12-24-2007   #11

Well, sounds like the trip was a success, and you had a good time.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007   #12

The Audiophile in me gets more of a kick out of the Sumner Residence.

A Theta Dreadnaught powering the in-home distributed Audio?

That to me is just way too cool.

Audiophile Quality through out the house.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
18th, architectural, audio, automation, beach, digest, end, fairway, forum, high, palace, pebble, roof, sound, titanium