Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Remotes, Home Automation and PC Convergence > ModernHomeTheater.com System Tours

ModernHomeTheater.com System Tours Comment on the homes featured on ModernHomeTheater.com.

Old 12-05-2007   #7

Default Re: Titanic Themed Theater in Nashville

I would like to see a home theater flanked out with all CLASSE` equipment. Exposed, not hidden, in some nice furniture or racks, in all its beautiful glory.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007   #8

Right but the theater is circular?

Why must architects get "cute" and design such horrible acoustical designs?

I was in a house equally as nice and it had an Octagon shaped HT. The man had a Meridian/Wilson combination. It sounded... like a NAD/PSB setup. While I thought it sounded good it had little of the characteristics I associate with the equipment being used all because of the incredibly dumb idea of putting it in an octagon shaped room. Each angle was equidistant (is that a word?) from each other. It was horrible.

I see this nonsense all the time. Shouldn't an architect be designing the room for what it's to be used for?

I had to explain to my architect that I wanted a Rectangle and using the Golden Rule of measurements in addition to the crazy floating floor, ceiling, walls. He was actually stunned to realize it all makes a difference.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Right but the theater is circular?

Why must architects get "cute" and design such horrible acoustical designs?

I was in a house equally as nice and it had an Octagon shaped HT. The man had a Meridian/Wilson combination. It sounded... like a NAD/PSB setup. While I thought it sounded good it had little of the characteristics I associate with the equipment being used all because of the incredibly dumb idea of putting it in an octagon shaped room. Each angle was equidistant (is that a word?) from each other. It was horrible.

I see this nonsense all the time. Shouldn't an architect be designing the room for what it's to be used for?

I had to explain to my architect that I wanted a Rectangle and using the Golden Rule of measurements in addition to the crazy floating floor, ceiling, walls. He was actually stunned to realize it all makes a difference.
I don`t know this for sure, but architects probably no buildings, walls, that is what they do and went to school for. But, knowing how what they may think is a great design that they made, a maybe it is, will make Architectural Digest, but for them to know how it interacts with sound and music, unless they love music themselves, that may be asking too much??
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010   #10

I like star wars theater !!!!! though Monument is great as well
Alex56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
crazy, date, exhibit, furniture, home, items, meridian, nashville, panel, rooms, tennessee, theater, theatre, themed, titanic, walls