Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Remotes, Home Automation and PC Convergence > ModernHomeTheater.com System Tours

ModernHomeTheater.com System Tours Comment on the homes featured on ModernHomeTheater.com.

Old 09-25-2008   #1

Cool Need tips on home theater curtains...

I live in an apartment at Park La Brea which has a giant expansive window...and blinds that are totally useless. The window faces the sun during the day, making it not only hot, but impossible to watch anything before the sun goes down, even with the blinds closed.

I need to get a curtain to block out the light so I can use the home theater during the day. Any suggestions, preferably inexpensive ones? :-)

I've gotten curtains for the other rooms at place's like Bed Bath & Beyond, Anna's Linens, etc. but the problem is that this window is twice as wide as the typical window area or curtain rod. It's too long for a normal curtain rod, and buying four curtain panels, plus valences, and rigging two curtain rods to overlap will be expensive, clumsy-looking, and will limit the ability to open the curtains all the way to either side to let the daylight in when I wish it.

I'm basically looking for somekind of heavy-duty curtain rod that can run across the entire window with two curtains that can be drawn back to the sides... for cheap. Any options? Thanks!

Here's a link to a similar, Park La Brea apartment layout, so you can see the window I'm up against...

http://www.wcchousing.com/images/pllarge.jpg
Darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008   #2
wes

Default Re: Need tips on home theater curtains...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren View Post
I live in an apartment at Park La Brea which has a giant expansive window...and blinds that are totally useless. The window faces the sun during the day, making it not only hot, but impossible to watch anything before the sun goes down, even with the blinds closed.

I need to get a curtain to block out the light so I can use the home theater during the day. Any suggestions, preferably inexpensive ones? :-)

I've gotten curtains for the other rooms at place's like Bed Bath & Beyond, Anna's Linens, etc. but the problem is that this window is twice as wide as the typical window area or curtain rod. It's too long for a normal curtain rod, and buying four curtain panels, plus valences, and rigging two curtain rods to overlap will be expensive, clumsy-looking, and will limit the ability to open the curtains all the way to either side to let the daylight in when I wish it.

I'm basically looking for somekind of heavy-duty curtain rod that can run across the entire window with two curtains that can be drawn back to the sides... for cheap. Any options? Thanks!

Here's a link to a similar, Park La Brea apartment layout, so you can see the window I'm up against...

http://www.wcchousing.com/images/pllarge.jpg
You can always use an aluminum roll to cover the windows! That is the cheapest no very pretty but efficient

Custum curtains with blackout lining work great, my multimedia/family room has giant windows and face south west and the sun makes the room radiate. My blackout blinds from ceiling to floor work wonder. The only issues I found light still leaks through the holes made by the thread where the blackout is sawned on the fabric, that is how much sun I have.

Lutron and Hunter Douglas have also black out blinds with aluminum inside to stop all light.
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008   #3

Default Re: Need tips on home theater curtains...

Nice tips on home theater curtains. There are many companies offering quality and cheap curtains.
davidboon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
black, block, curtain, curtains, home, light, lutron, made, part, rod, rods, sound, theater, theatre, window