Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Remotes, Home Automation and PC Convergence > Media Center PC

Media Center PC Share your experiences with PCs in your home theater.

Old 10-08-2007   #7

Default Re: Dolby TrueHD and DTS Master HD in Home Theater PCs

I guarantee you there is no way that device will be able to handle the new formats. The bandwidth required for 1080p video in addition to Dolby TrueHD is enormous. No way an 802.11g wireless consumer media streamer is going to carry the info. Sorry. Not with today's wireless internet speeds.
tigeraudio2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007   #8

Default Re: Dolby TrueHD and DTS Master HD in Home Theater PCs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigeraudio2007 View Post
I guarantee you there is no way that device will be able to handle the new formats. The bandwidth required for 1080p video in addition to Dolby TrueHD is enormous. No way an 802.11g wireless consumer media streamer is going to carry the info. Sorry. Not with today's wireless internet speeds.

I know, I could manage to stream an ordinary file but when I try a HD file with Dolby Digital, I start to get freezes. I have it connected via cat5. Wireless is nice but I will always choose a wired connection when possible. Maybe it needs to upgrade to GB ethernet as well
jdc115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
bluray, card, codec, decode, dolby, dts, dtshd, hd, lpcm, master, motherboard, pc, player, sound, true, truehd