Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Remotes, Home Automation and PC Convergence > Media Center PC

Media Center PC Share your experiences with PCs in your home theater.

Old 05-23-2007   #1
Administrator

Default All About Convergence: 2006 Edition

Read the full How-To at

http://www.modernhometheater.com/howto/convergence2006/

and post your comments and questions here in this thread. Subscribe to a
thread to be informed when other AVRev.com readers post their comments and questions.
AVRevForum.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007   #2

Default Re: All About Convergence: 2006 Edition

my question about convergence is this. i've been researching for about a year now on what components i want to put into my HTPC. i'm a little confused about my need for a certain sound card over another. i.e. Lynx2-B or E-mu 1616m pci. i will be using this set up for turning all vinyl into digital.

1) is their a better card to use? i think that i understand the need for bit to bit and (EAC) when burning from wav files. using this for a 5.1-7.1 set up no musical instruments except maybe keyboard. any thoughts about the right path?

also for interior burners i've been waiting for the Plextor Plexwriter premium2 to get to U.S.
2) is there any other mastering quality burners available?

Last edited by Bam Bam; 06-12-2007 at 02:34 PM..
Bam Bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links