Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Media Center PC (http://www.avrev.com/forum/media-center-pc-36/)
-   -   Have you ever watched an entire movie on your computer or iPhone? (http://www.avrev.com/forum/media-center-pc/581-have-you-ever-watched-entire-movie-your-computer-iphone.html)

Neil Peart 08-31-2007 12:05 PM

Have you ever watched an entire movie on your computer or iPhone?

Im starting to see more and more people watching movies on their iphones, laptops and PSP's but other than on a plane, has anyone actually watched an entire 2 hour movie at their desk? I know "media center PC's" are meant to be connected to a big TV or screen, but I just wonder how many of them get used for this.

JerryDelColliano 09-01-2007 01:41 PM

Re: Have you ever watched an entire movie on your computer or iPhone?

Woody Harrelson (the guy from Cheers) was on the flight back from Maui on Monday and his girlfriend or assistant was watching a movie on an iPod. Looked small. I watched 3 Sopranos episodes on my Mac Book Pro and it looks GREAT. A lot of pixels on that screen even for DVD.

The new iPods (rumored for next week) are suppoosed to have better battery and larger screens like the iPhone.

I can't get an iPhone because I need to be on sprint based on where I live but will get a new iPod as soon as they come out.

j

kennyt 09-03-2007 07:36 AM

Other than on a plane no, and that was on my 12" Power Book, I couldn't imagine watching a movie on an iPhone, I would need to rewatch it on a real set to appreciate the video when done!

deacongreg 09-04-2007 09:51 AM

No. Just on a laptop. And the picture was actually pretty good on my Dell. It was, "In the Line of Fire", Clint Eastwood.

Robinson_A 09-13-2007 12:30 PM

I recently returned home after more than my share of airplane trips. Four in a week to be exact, and I have to say my new iPod video kept me sane. While not the greatest display in the world, or the best viewing experience, being able to watch movies on the go without lugging around a laptop or portable DVD player is worth the price of admission. The small screen didn't offend me as much as I thought it would. I watched Die Hard 3, Signs, Finding Nemo and Crimson Tide all on my iPod video during my travels and found it to be quite enjoyable. I bought the newest iPod video prior to leaving for my destinations over the new iTouch for the iTouch (basically an iPhone without the phone part) is very limited in terms of storage space. In fact the iTouch doesn't have a hard drive at all, it instead uses flash memory which for full length movies, whether you rip them yourself or buy them from iTunes, isn't enough space for more than maybe a film or two, not to mention the fact that most users are going to have a couple songs or so as well. The new iPod video is still the greater value overall, although the larger screen size of the iTouch would be nice.

JerryDelColliano 09-15-2007 08:57 AM

On the way to CEDIA

There were 8 people in first class.

5 of them were watching movies. 3 on iphones, me on a Mac Book pro and another guy on an iPod.

The other guys were asleep or dreaming of distribution amps they might see on the show floor... :)