Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Remotes, Home Automation and PC Convergence > Media Center PC

Media Center PC Share your experiences with PCs in your home theater.

Old 11-16-2007   #7

Default Re: Blu-ray and HD DVD in one box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telstar View Post
DScaler? I use ffdshow. Most of my libraries are still SD material.

I dont think the majors fear the geeks like us that just want to play their movie collection from hard disk. They fear duplication. To prove this, Kaleidascape (a system that costs a few dozen grands) has licenses from them and sells collection of movies in HD format (and standard as well), already ripped on drives.
I hate DRM because I have my files backupped on several different HDDs and computers and WMA files failed to play more than once. Gimme a license but dont put it on the files themselves. I dont think I'm the only one, since drm-free content is growing while protected is shrinking, expecially in the audio realm.

PS: get a better sound card if you use your pc also for music.

I have another sound card in my pc - An M-Audio 410. Just didn't mention it.
prerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007   #8

Quote:
DScaler? I use ffdshow. Most of my libraries are still SD material.

I dont think the majors fear the geeks like us that just want to play their movie collection from hard disk. They fear duplication. To prove this, Kaleidascape (a system that costs a few dozen grands) has licenses from them and sells collection of movies in HD format (and standard as well), already ripped on drives.
I hate DRM because I have my files backupped on several different HDDs and computers and WMA files failed to play more than once. Gimme a license but dont put it on the files themselves. I dont think I'm the only one, since drm-free content is growing while protected is shrinking, expecially in the audio realm.

PS: get a better sound card if you use your pc also for music.
ffdshow is included in Dscaler . Just calling you back to let you know I have added blu-ray to my PC. I'm wondering when will a high-end audio company make a computer sound card? If someone like Lexicon, Anthem, or better yet - Outlaw or Emotiva (cost wise) would produce one - that would be crazy nice!
Old 12-18-2007   #9

going to try it, altough it doesnt seem much supported
Telstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007   #10

Talking Re: Blu-ray and HD DVD in one box

Quote:
going to try it, altough it doesnt seem much supported
You are right, support wanned after descaler5, I believer that this happened because ffdshow became so powerful in its own right. I did the opposite and tried your way - and I like it!
Sponsored Links

Tags
10, 110, atsc, blu, disk, dvds, hard, hd, kworld, make, mediaportal, player, powerdvd, ray, tuner, upscale