Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Remotes, Home Automation and PC Convergence > Media Center PC

Media Center PC Share your experiences with PCs in your home theater.

Old 05-11-2009   #19

Default Re: "STREAMING VIDEO"

In your opinion, can FOIS & AT&T give us what Blu-Ray does WITHOUT another "box"??????
sapphire123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cata12 View Post
Hello

LIVE HD is live video but I am streaming pre recorded aswell in HD format. The technology is simple: I am using a broadcasting software which allows me to set the bitrate (from 100 to 960), up to 60 frames per second and at least 200kbs for upload speed.

As for the computer requirements here is a recommendation:
-Microsoft® Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or
higher or
-Windows Vista (any)
-Intel Pentium® 3 or compatible processor;
933MHz or higher; (minimum)
-Intel Pentium® 4 or compatible processor;
3GHz or higher; (recommended)
-256MB RAM minimum; 1GB recommended
-40MB hard disk space
-1024 x 768 Screen Resolution with 32 bit Color
Quality
-Microsoft DirectX End-User Runtime version
9.0c
-Microsoft DirectShow-compatible video capture
device(see below)
-High-speed internet connection
-Guaranteed upload bandwidth recommended

+More powerful computer configuration may
be needed to encode in HD resolutions

Also BlinkoTV is the solution I have installed for broadcasting.
Cata if your still around I have some q's for you...

I googled blinkotv and I think I found the website of the product you were talking about. I saw the demo's pages and looked at the two surveillance streams that were going there and they looked pretty good quality. What camera are you using to stream your media? I do not want to purchase a $3000+ camera, but the quality does look pretty good on that website.

Im not too tech savy but I have a regular Comcast cable modem for internet. Is this a good choice for streaming media?

Thanks
StormTrooper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009   #21

Hello

@StormTrooper6

I am using a Canon HF 10 Vixia for doing LIVE HD broadcasting. As for the internet speed it s good to have 500kbs for upload if you want a smooth streaming. The camera is very important to be HD in order to stream with this quality.

@rbinck

Yes it's all Live. Your speed should be up to 1 mb (for download) in order to receive HD quality.
Cata12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009   #22

@ StormTropper:

What is the project you are starting about ?
Cata12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire123 View Post
In your opinion, can FOIS & AT&T give us what Blu-Ray does WITHOUT another "box"??????
No, they are 1080i and compressed more than a 1080p Blu-ray video is. I believe you meant FIOS.
Anthem, Conrad Johnson, Dish Network/JVC, Dynaudio, Infinity, Integra, JL Audio, Klipsch, Magnepan, Marantz, Martin Logan, Onkyo, Oppo, Outlaw Audio, Panasonic, Paradigm, REL, Sumiko, SVSound, and Toshiba are the brands equipment I currently use. I have owned/used and tested equipment made by just about any manufacturer you can name.
Loves2Watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009   #24
Administrator

I've never seen any official word from AT&T as to what they send to the receivers. There are some people who have monitored the transmission and come up with some ideas of how much data is being sent per hour for various channels. Back calculating from these numbers using normal mpg4 compression ratios seems to indicate they may not be transmitting 1920x1080 at 30fps. It is likely they are sending complete frames rather than interlaced for better compression and not at the full 1920x1080 resolution. I could see them sending something like 1280x720p at 30 fps even and then converting to 1080i or 720p at the STBs. They do the final output formatting at the STBs do what the STB receives would not have to meet any particular standard. Their bandwidth and data rates certainly seems to support some lower resolution and frame rate. Sorta like the HD Lite of the other providers. I haven't looked into FIOS so on that one I have no information on FIOS.
rbinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
1212, bluray, file, forum, forums, hauppauge, hd, memory, pc, player, stick, stream, streaming, uverse, video