Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Remotes, Home Automation and PC Convergence > Media Center PC

Media Center PC Share your experiences with PCs in your home theater.

Old 03-21-2009   #7
wes

Default Re: "STREAMING VIDEO"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbinck View Post
What difference are you talking about? I was talking about the difference between a source and a recording using the Hauppague PVR device. Do you have a Hauppague PVR?
No all I was saying that the larger the screen the less forgiving the bad image
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009   #8
Administrator

I have seen OTA, satellite and Blu-ray on projector screens your size and I agree there is definitely a difference with the Blu-ray. I have also seen the same on my 42" and 50" HDTV screens and I can definitely see the difference between satellite, OTA and U-verse HD and the Blu-ray. Blu-ray definitely rocks. But the difference between the original Blu-ray and a recording I have made from a Blu-ray is not perceivable on my sets. I'm sure there has to be some deterioration that would show up on a really big screen size.
rbinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009   #9

"and a recording I have made from a Blu-ray"..............is there a way to transfer a Blu-Ray movie from a DVD to a flash drive??????
Bob Walters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009   #10
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Walters View Post
"and a recording I have made from a Blu-ray"..............is there a way to transfer a Blu-Ray movie from a DVD to a flash drive??????
I haven't tried a flash drive because I don't have any large enough. I have a 2 GB flash drive, but that is not large enough. I have thought about getting a 16 GB flash drive when they get a bit cheaper.

It is theoretically possible to put a movie that originated from Blu-ray disc on a flash drive though. Here's how I would do it.

Play the movie while recording it via my Hauppauge 1212 as explained in a previous post.
Transfer the recorded file to the flash drive.

What I don't know is the speed of flash drives being able to deliver the stream at 9 mbps. It probably will.

What is your application requiring a flash drive vs a USB hard drive?
Old 03-24-2009   #11

rbinck,
"Playing" with a WD HD TV Media Player..............haven't tried anything yet.....but now that I know it's theoretically possible, I "shall pursue"!!!!!!
Bob Walters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009   #12
Administrator

I went ahead and ordered a 16 GB stick, so I will be trying is shortly. Will post results. If it works it will give me an option to take a movie over to my son's house for viewing at one of his movie nights. I have a lot of movies recorded in HD that are not available on Blu-ray.
Sponsored Links

Tags
1212, bluray, file, forum, forums, hauppauge, hd, memory, pc, player, stick, stream, streaming, uverse, video