Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Remotes, Home Automation and PC Convergence > Media Center PC

Media Center PC Share your experiences with PCs in your home theater.

Old 03-23-2007   #1
Administrator

Default Xhifi deskstop speakers

(from the Xhifi website)

Today as never before, we use our computers for entertainment. With CD/DVD drives, broadband links to music and gaming, and bright hi-def flat panel displays, many of us find we do our most critical listening at our desks. That's a problem if you have a standard 'multi-media' speaker system. All of them, even the big name brands, sound terrible.

The day of the cheap, plastic, tinny-sounding desktop speaker system is over. Xhifi is proud to introduce the world's best desktop speaker system, the XDC-1. Packed with state-of-the-art features, the XDC-1 is designed for near field listening without compromise. Its stunning good looks and superb finish re-define the desktop speaker category in a bold, new, way.

Learn more at http://www.xhifi.com
AVRevForum.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007   #2

Default Re: Xhifi deskstop speakers

I really enjoy the XHiFi XDC-1 Desktop speakers, they are hooked up to my Media Center PC so I can actually enjoy listening to music on my computer while I'm working. For those who are interested, there is a review of them at the link below.

http://www.tabletpc2.com/Review-Xhif...le10401005.htm

LindaE
http://TabletPc2.com
LindaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007   #3

I used to have Evett and Shaw Elans for my desktop speakers with a Sunfire sub and the Flatte 50 amp. The amp blew up and I switched to xhifi. They have great midrange. Reminds me of MartinLogans. Powerful sub if you have a place you can turn it up.
Old 10-12-2007   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano View Post
I used to have Evett and Shaw Elans for my desktop speakers with a Sunfire sub and the Flatte 50 amp. The amp blew up and I switched to xhifi. They have great midrange. Reminds me of MartinLogans. Powerful sub if you have a place you can turn it up.
Hi Jerry. I've been reading your reviews for a few years and find them very informative.

Regarding the Xhifi, I'm planning to purchase a system and had two quick questions for you.

1) are you still happy with yours?
2) could you recommend a good external DAC for use with the Xhifi XDC-1?

Thanks.

Joe

Last edited by joe_fonebone; 10-12-2007 at 09:59 AM.. Reason: typo
joe_fonebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007   #5

The Swans were very much acclaimed.
Still don't know how the Xhifi sound.
Telstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007   #6

I purchased the X-Hifi system and have been using it for about two weeks in combination with a Stello DA100 DAC and HP100 pre-amp. The sound from the X-Hifi is really outstanding.
joe_fonebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
50, amplifier, dac, dek, desk, deskstop, desktop, evett, flatte, powered, shaw, speakers, stop, stopai, xhifi, xhifis