Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Media Center PC (http://www.avrev.com/forum/media-center-pc-36/)
-   -   LPCM 5.1 @ 6912 Kbps verified. (http://www.avrev.com/forum/media-center-pc/1605-lpcm-5-1-6912-kbps-verified.html)

prerich 02-20-2008 12:01 PM

LPCM 5.1 @ 6912 Kbps verified.
 
Watching the Disney "Rat" movie :) Getting LPCM 5.1 @ 6912 Kbps coming out of my soundcard into the multi-in's on my Yamaha receiver. Who esle is doing this? I'm reinstalling the 3730 patch of PowerDVD Ultra and see if it acts right. If it does, I will see if its passing TrueHD via the analog outs. Many not have TrueHD, but I do have lossless.

1shotstudios 02-20-2008 12:45 PM

Re: LPCM 5.1 @ 6912 Kbps verified.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by prerich (Post 11731)
Watching the Disney "Rat" movie :) Getting LPCM 5.1 @ 6912 Kbps coming out of my soundcard into the multi-in's on my Yamaha receiver. Who esle is doing this? I'm reinstalling the 3730 patch of PowerDVD Ultra and see if it acts right. If it does, I will see if its passing TrueHD via the analog outs. Many not have TrueHD, but I do have lossless.


I was curious if you new of a good Blue-Ray drive that I could install on my PC then use it for my home theater system? Also a video card and sound card to boot. Thanks in advance for your help.

prerich 02-20-2008 02:03 PM

Re: LPCM 5.1 @ 6912 Kbps verified.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1shotstudios (Post 11734)
I was curious if you new of a good Blue-Ray drive that I could install on my PC then use it for my home theater system? Also a video card and sound card to boot. Thanks in advance for your help.

10-4, I'm getting ready to work out with my wife but I will answer back on this thread today after a few searches for best prices. My Profile 1.1 now works great too - did a new install and all is well!!!!

prerich 02-20-2008 03:52 PM

Re: LPCM 5.1 @ 6912 Kbps verified.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1shotstudios (Post 11734)
I was curious if you new of a good Blue-Ray drive that I could install on my PC then use it for my home theater system? Also a video card and sound card to boot. Thanks in advance for your help.

Here ya go!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16827106225
and http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814500014
Don't believe the reviewer on the video card - This card does support DX10 (may not come with DX10 but mine didn't either - you can only use DX10 with Vista). This video card also carries audio over HDMI!!!! The drive is 150 and card is 100. What kind of soundcard do you have already and what's your system specs?

1shotstudios 02-21-2008 06:16 AM

Re: LPCM 5.1 @ 6912 Kbps verified.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by prerich (Post 11743)
Here ya go!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16827106225
and http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814500014
Don't believe the reviewer on the video card - This card does support DX10 (may not come with DX10 but mine didn't either - you can only use DX10 with Vista). This video card also carries audio over HDMI!!!! The drive is 150 and card is 100. What kind of soundcard do you have already and what's your system specs?


Thank you for looking that up for me. Here are my specs on my PC.

HP Paviliion a6200n PC

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor 5000+

2048MB system memory

360GB hard drive

NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE Graphics

Windows Vista Home Premium

These specs were on the side of the PC. I don't know what kind of sound card it has.

I bought this PC about 5 weeks ago.

prerich 02-21-2008 11:34 AM

Re: LPCM 5.1 @ 6912 Kbps verified.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1shotstudios (Post 11795)
Thank you for looking that up for me. Here are my specs on my PC.

HP Paviliion a6200n PC

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor 5000+

2048MB system memory

360GB hard drive

NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE Graphics

Windows Vista Home Premium

These specs were on the side of the PC. I don't know what kind of sound card it has.

I bought this PC about 5 weeks ago.

System checks out - all you need is the two items that I linked to and PowerDVD Ultra (full version- just upgrade the one that comes with it - you'll pay less money). Your audio card should be a realtek HD audio (couldn't get accurate info on your motherboard at HP). It will do for now until new soundcards come out - they will be out soon. You will also need cables (1/8 th stereo mini to RCA) to go from you computer to the multi-channel input of your receiver (if your putting in a large HT).


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:04 PM.


1996-2008 AVRev.com | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use


SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1