Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Loudspeakers > Loudspeakers

Loudspeakers No single component in your rig impacts your sound more. Discuss anything and everything about speakers here.

Old 10-29-2007   #19

Default Re: Breaking in my Revel Salon2's!!!!!

The booze is cheaper and likely works better
Old 10-29-2007   #20

Hey, Tourneau more than took care of me on the last watch purchase!

I don't know, for some reason I looked up and thought of our discussion and almost asked for it.....

Maybe I'll wait for the owner or his son to take care of me and ask them what they really want for it, it might only be $600 then.... Especially if I buy the tool kit they have for sale there... (don't ask)

Ken
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
J.J.

I think you'll find most of the writer/reviewers for this magazine listen to 'real' music.

I am working on a review of the new Definitive Technologies Mythos ST towers (got four of 'em) and their Mythos ten center and was just airing them out to Iron Maiden Piece of Mind and Jimi Hendrix Electric Ladyland (Disc 2).
Ken
I have read a couple of favorable reviews and I am looking forward to reading your take. I personally love the Def. Techs. I haven't heard the Mythos' yet. I read they are great, but skeptical because of the small footprint (size does matter).
J.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #22

The Def Tech Mythos are one of the SINGLE most impressive speakers I have heard to date. Two trade shows in a ROW - they were the BEST sounding thing I have heard.

The bass is UNTHINKABLY good for a speaker of this price range.

Sandy Gross should be proud!!!!!

j
Old 10-30-2007   #23

J.J.

While I would have agreed with you a few years ago, one of the biggest trends in speakers has been how much quality sound people can get out of surprisingly small boxes. The Mythos ST's are pretty tall, but very slender and have a heavy granite base on the bottom. They DO have a small footprint, but absolutely rock! I had the house to myself yesterday and was airing out Iron Maiden Piece of Mind to truly sick levels and they kept it together and put out so much bass the liner notes from the CD were shaking in my hand! No kidding, for such a tiny speaker they can REALLY kick out the bass! The only potential downside is they need a power cord, but that is a really minor gripe!

I can't wait to balance the rest in better for some MC audio and movies!

Ken
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007   #24

Thumbs up Re: Breaking in my Revel Salon2's!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.J. View Post
I'm impressed, or surprised, that Jerry and other audiophiles on this site actually listen to GnR and other hard rock/metal. I love it myself, but a lot of the audiophile magazines etc. usually refer to classical music.

I myself enjoy hearing the purity of a good voice through a great system, but real world music/movies is what I spend most of my time listening to.

It's nice to hear from some audio geeks that are more like me!!!
Yes, you are not the only one. It has always amazed me that when you go to these shows, hardly any real music is played. That was what was so surprising at HE2007 in the Pioneer Room (TAD speakers), analog reel to reel master tapes of jazz and some classical, great stuff

And the KEF room, surprising great classic and comtemporary jazz. I enjoyed that immensely. And even in the Bel Canto room, nice music.
I listen to mostly classic jazz and comtemporary jazz, some gospel and classical, and older soft rock. Chicago, Yes, Rare Earth, Blood, Sweat and Tears. And Jimi. But, we have real world guys in kennyt and Jerry.
Thank God.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
forum, minimum, mythos, price, pricing, revel, review, room, sale, salon, salon2, size, st, sub30, system