Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Loudspeakers > Loudspeakers

Loudspeakers No single component in your rig impacts your sound more. Discuss anything and everything about speakers here.

Old 10-19-2007   #7

Default Re: Musical in-wall speakers on a relative budget.

I drew the line with the misses on requiring an in-wall sub...so in room will be fine.

I heard good things about the Rel T1 with regards to it being quite a musical sub. Also the ID company SVS's new sub is getting good press online. Any comments on the Rel T1?
EricPU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007   #8

I have NEVER been treated worse by an AV company than by Sumiko. Senior Editor, Bryan Southard and I stood in their booth offering them reviews and their nation sales manager told us JUST how unimportant we are. (note: we have an audited 650,000 monthly readers, 165,500 names on our email list etc...)

I wouldn't recomend ANY of the products they sell. If they are willing to treat someone offering them an editorial handout - THIS BADLY - just imagine how they will treat you as a customer.

Look at Sunfire, Paradigm, Outlaw, Orb Audio, Revel, B&W.

There are SO MANY good companies that can get you a killer woofer. Sunfire still tickels me with their good setup and low cost. Revel is about as good as it gets.

OH YEAH - and JL's small woofer. Don't miss out on that one!!!!
Old 10-19-2007   #9

Thanks a million for all the info so far, I feel like I've hit the jackpot with all the advice you have given so far, I really appricaite it. The other forms are just full of people fighting with each other for no reason other than they've got nothing else to offer.

I will look for a place in San Diego where I can audition the Sonance in-walls. I will read about the subs you mentioned.

Regarding components (pre/pro/amp) what would you recommend I should be running these speakers from? I was looking at the new NAD T175 and also noting what ID company Emotiva has to offer and their good pricing.

Thanks once again....I've got a headache now thinking about all the hard work ahead of me in doing more research. it is fun though.

Tomorrow my Sony 46XBR4 goes up connected to my new Oppo 980H DVD player. Looking forward to that

Eric
Old 10-24-2007   #10

Bump.
Old 10-25-2007   #11

EricPU,

Are you only planning on just stereo or 2.1? I guess I am wondering if a pre/pro is even necessary. You could get better quality sound by buying only what you need (2 channel) rather than buying a surround unit and only using the fronts, plus you would have easier setup. The Krell KAV400xi ($2,500) with the Revel in walls Jerry mentioned and a sub of some sort would make for an excellent main system, you could run another amp/receiver/in walls for the other room, on a lower budget and still come in under $7K, you could even do the HT in 5.1 with a receiver and still be under your PP if you choose carefully.

I guess my point is if you have two different needs (good 2 channel sound quality in one site and TV/HT in another room with lower standards) if you address each separately you can better meet the goals of good sound quality and HT more economically with two different systems.

Do you need them to all be connected? Even if you do, you could have this done with different systems as long as you run interconnects between the two (two pair would do, one each way).

I know I haven't made this decision any easier, but if it were me and I wanted a good sounding room and cared less about another, I would go with two separate systems.

Just my 0.02, hopefully it helps you meet your goals, as for the shopping, I know I just made it worse!

Ken
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #12

Kennyt:...and I thought the two days evacuation and not knowing if I had a home to return to was stressful....now my head is really spinning

I was planning on 2.1 for music room, SS for TV/HT and stereo (2.0) for back yard speakers later on. So, you're thinking that if I address the two needs seperatly, it might work out better/cheaper?

The music room is also the wifes pride n' joy formal room (thats why the speakers have to go in-wall), so she's not going to like the idea of a rack of equipment in that room. Also I was going to use my Oppo 980H to play CD's for now, and that is located in the TV/HT room.

What you suggest makes sense but I don't think its possible in my situ. I think I had better run/power everything from the family room in one central location.

So I guess that means that I do need a SS pre/pro/reciever type deal with an amp, or just go with a mid/higher end reciever? I guess it depends on what speakers I need to power? i think the general consensus is to go with seperates at all times, if music SQ is important, right?

Decisions decisions.....my brain hurts more now...thanks dude

Cheers,
Eric
Sponsored Links

Tags
brand, budget, cheap, forum, good, inwall, kav400xi, krell, music, musical, reviews, speaker, speakers, video, wall