Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Loudspeakers > Loudspeakers

Loudspeakers No single component in your rig impacts your sound more. Discuss anything and everything about speakers here.

Old 06-06-2007   #37

Default Re: Price vs. Performance

Hello there,

sadly, there is no answer to the question "what is the best speaker in the world". it is subject to you age, your music and your listening room.....

value for money ?

here is my take (20 years in the sound trenches):

buy with your ears, not your eyes !

yours truly,

mosfet
mosfet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007   #38

Been reading the forum on speakers and friendly sparring between Andrew and Jerry - interesting and enjoyable .
Having read many of Jerry's reviews, I gather that he is a" balls to the walls" type of guy demanding ultimate performance and systems that really rock your world .
Appears this extends to cars as well .
Andrew ...I do not know , but appears you are more laid back as far as this is concerned ( or am I wrong ?) and Jerry is trying to change your ways.

Interesting also , that you compare speakers to cars .......I am a Revel Ultima man ,having a full compliment of them in my home theatre system - bang for the buck ? Hell yes, given the price for the not so faint hearted ! They do everything so well and more and still surprise you from time to time .
In my opinion , if your system still surprises you , no matter at what level you are , you are on the right track and enjoying what it can do for you ,no matter what the price level .

As it is with cars .........I drive an Audi S4 - not in Lambo class ,( a yellow Gallardo wud be my ultimate choice any day ) but great to drive and still surprises me in a feel-good way .
Somebody mentioned the Audi R8 ...I am getting one for the week-end sometime in August and will let you have my impressions from a layman's point of view ...at least this comes with a 5 year motorplan unlike a new or even less so , used Ferrari !
Whoever buys a second hand Ferrari , will be assured of the performance , but hell the price of keeping this on the road is ,sadly ,only for the very few.
Ok, my bang for the buck , two cents worth is in.
sofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007   #39

Letterman is losing his hair.

We have no SPAM issues (thank you). We are fully can spam act compliant, whitelisted with AOL, MSN and many other ISPs

And no - I am not paying.

But are you coming? I hear I will be brnging a bunch of Macs to the show to the Microsoft guys can sign up for the HDDVD sweepstakes

j
Old 06-07-2007   #40

Jerry,

Which I could make it out there, but as you know my situation, the money isn't there.

Mark
mmeyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007   #41

You state at the very top of this Forum that:

"Speakers No single component in your rig impacts your sound more. Discuss anything and everything about speakers here."

No offense, guys, but you are mistaken. The source component absolutely has the greatest impact and defines the maximum quality of any audio system, not the speakers!
starvinmarvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007   #42

yes but if I have a $20K source and play them through a Sony boombox's speakers you have to agree that the cheap speakers are impacting the sound more than the player. No source can make bad speakers sound good. Where as there are speakers that make even bad sources sound palpable.

I see your argument and understand and even agree with your point. However, speakers do play a large part in your systems overall sound.

I would argue that more than speakers or your source, it's your listening environment that is going to make the most difference in your overall sound.

Managing Editor
www.avrev.com
www.avrevforum.com
www.modernhometheater.com
www.aprilshowersmovie.com
Robinson_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, california, dealers, deftech, gallo, klipsch, mythos, performance, price, reference, southern, speakers, synergy, system, usher, vs