Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Loudspeakers > Loudspeakers

Loudspeakers No single component in your rig impacts your sound more. Discuss anything and everything about speakers here.

Old 06-21-2007   #55

Default Re: Price vs. Performance

How in the world did I miss this thread with my two favorite topics... fast cars and expensive audio gear!?!

Why am I not surprised that Kennyt would be in here after seeing the words "AMG" and "Ferrari"?

In my experience excessive cost does not necessarily indicate outstanding performance - but it certainly increases the odds of finding it.

I've heard some pretty dreadful mega-buck systems and been very impressed with some ridiculously simple and affordable ones. However - everyone looks(listens) for different things and that is what really makes this hobby cool.

I can walk out of an audition with a raging headache while my buddy can think he has just had a religious experience while hearing the same thing. The trick is finding what it is you want from your system - and not going broke while you are looking for it! haha

Fast cars on the other hand is so much simpler.... as a big turbo and a tank full of C16 fuel is the holy grail!!
Silver Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #56

WOW this was a huge thread and I think mostly about cars..

to chime in, I think with gas prices going up, loan rates going up, people are going to start caring a hell of alot more about price than performance, but the good thing is there are SO many good speakers that arent too expensive. Polk, Energy, Def Tech etc.
wazzzup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007   #57

wazzup,

I am so with you on this one!

I have four of the new Def Trech Mytos ST's in my house right now for review and they are utterly amazing! I can not imagine a better speaker for the price! I do have to take a pair into my bedroom system to see how they fair with mid fi gear to round out the review, but with my reference rig, they are off the charts for the price point!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007   #58

Smile Re: Price vs. Performance

Paradigm, Definitive technologies, Vandersteen,its great to see great speakers at reasonable price ranges for all to enjoy.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007   #59

Greg,

I might be going into no man's land on this one but Vanderstein's never moved me, as for Def Tech and Paradigm, hell yeah!

I have four of the new Def Tech Mythos ST's in my house and they are amazing speakers for the money, so good I might need to keep them!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007   #60

Being a Cedia installer I get to see many high-end? and mainstream type equipment.My
view is that it is paramount for the end user to do his homework and listen!Dont always go
by other people's views.Yes,I do respect the opinions of reviewers I have come to know as fair and unbiased,but for every good reviewer there is another with an agenda of pushing
expensive product that is not worth the carton it comes in.Remember price is NOT! the
end all of a products worth.As mentioned before the new Mythos ST is spectacular according to me,but is it to you?There are many other products out there that perform at
high levels but dont cost more than ordinary mid-fi.AV rev has got it down.People go listen
and then decide what is best for you.
paulphoosreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, california, dealers, deftech, gallo, klipsch, mythos, performance, price, reference, southern, speakers, synergy, system, usher, vs