Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Loudspeakers > Loudspeakers

Loudspeakers No single component in your rig impacts your sound more. Discuss anything and everything about speakers here.

Old 05-23-2007   #1
Administrator

Default PSB CW800E In-Wall Speakers Review

Read the full review at

http://www.avrev.com/equip/psb_cw800e_inwall_speakers/

and post your comments and questions here in this thread. Subscribe to a
thread to be informed when other AVRev.com readers post their comments and questions.
AVRevForum.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007   #2

Default Re: PSB CW800E In-Wall Speakers Review

I listen to these more than my Wilsons. They way they are installed makes it such that they are in a room where I spend more time especially after dinner.

I want to add a better amp (thinking a Bel Canto) and a Dac (also Bel Canto) to run with the uncompressed audio files from the ReQuest server in my reference theater. Its cool having the Crestron keypad in the wall make everything work but the handheld remote isn't as over-the-top at the touch screen in the big theater. I am not sure I would spend the extra $$$ for the touch screen however.

These are REALLY good in-walls. Compare them with Revels and Meridians.

jerry
JerryDelColliano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007   #3

Default Re: PSB CW800E In-Wall Speakers Review

These are AWESOME speakers. I heard them at CES and was really impressed.

I sold Definitive when I was a teenager in Philly (Sasafras in Bryn Mawr) and they were easy to sell back then. Denon receiver on the small ones. Adcom on the bigger ones.

What was more striking about today's Definitive speakers is their smoothness overall. They are much more of the high end speaker yet retain the AWESOME BASS and impact that made them famous. At their price - they are among the best speakers you can buy.
JerryDelColliano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
awesome, cw800e, hd, inwall, paradigm, powered, psb, ratings, review, reviews, speaker, speakers, subwoofer, w5, wall