Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Loudspeakers (http://www.avrev.com/forum/loudspeakers-3/)
-   -   B&W Speakers Owners - Post about Bowers & Wilkins Speakers (http://www.avrev.com/forum/loudspeakers/756-b-w-speakers-owners-post-about-bowers-wilkins-speakers.html)

AVRevForum.com 09-19-2007 04:59 PM

B&W Speakers Owners - Post about Bowers & Wilkins Speakers

This forum is for B&W Speakers owners (and those who want to be someday)

Bam Bam 12-02-2007 10:27 AM

Re: B&W Speakers Owners - Post about Bowers & Wilkins Speakers

In the past year I have been looking at 5 different speaker company's and have finally settled on B & W which to me sounded the best in my price range. I have been looking at the 802D's and thought at first that I would use a P5 to power them because I was told that they are power hungry. After doing more research I was going to get the CA-5200 and use four of the channels to power them and the last for a center channel. This got me thinking again that maybe I should use the Ref1000's for half the price and use the remaining money to buy a Fathom f113 which is the subwoofer that I have been saving to get for the past two years.

Now I am more confused than ever does any B & W owners out there have some good advice and I know that it comes down to preference to sound quality and that my ears are the best for that determination, but there is so many options and combinations that some feed back is much appreciated.

Telstar 12-04-2007 06:19 AM

Not an owner, because I dont like them :)
I save only the Signature line and I had the pleasure to listen to a pair of Signature Diamont last friday. Excellent pair with beautiful finishes and size that can fit most ambients (unlike the big 800).

For people looking at the 800 I recommend them to listen to the Signature 30 instead.

luke 12-05-2007 06:22 PM

I have 686 line and wow they sound great added alot to my system. I wish i could get a few more of them and add them in some place on my system .

luke 12-22-2007 11:08 PM

well i added a few more of them today , All I Can say is Wow. I moved my old 6.1 Bose Studio jobs to the 2nd rear set and wow does it sound nice.. i know just hope i can **** off the people 2 doors away who complained about the LOUD music i was playing the half speed master album of COURT AND SPARK..... WOW REAL HEAVY LOUD MUSIC... I CANT WAIT UNTIL CHRISTMAS DAY AND I TRY OUT MY 5.1 MIX OF CAPTN BEEFHEART "SAFE AS MILK" On THEM AS A CHRISTMAS GIFT.. or MAYBE A LITTLE MORE FITTING "WE'RE ONLY IN IT FOR THE MONEY" ANOTHER GREAT LP I REMIXED INTO 5.1 AND GREAT HOLDAY MUSIC... LUKE

kennyt 12-23-2007 05:31 AM

Ah old Frank Zappa, nothing like powerfully atonal music to set off the neighbors!

FWIW I used to live in a condo and in a year of living there only ever met the neighbor across the hall. I got a subwoofer one day and hooked it up. Prodigy "Smack My Bitch Up" had my neighbor at the door in mere seconds!