Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Loudspeakers > Loudspeakers

Loudspeakers No single component in your rig impacts your sound more. Discuss anything and everything about speakers here.

Old 12-23-2007   #7

Default Re: B&W Speakers Owners - Post about Bowers & Wilkins Speakers

Well I finally pulled the trigger and ended up buying the 802D with the CA-5200 to biamp the front. Then I went and bought the Pro-110FD plasma and ordered my PR-SC885P which will be coming in the middle of January.

All I can say is this was the right choice since B&W just started to raise their prices because our dollar is so weak. I got a good deal on the whole package so I feel very good about it. I will always be able to buy the fathom later. Can hardly wait to Rock-Out!

Does anyone have any suggestions for some good bulk wire I was thinking of this Karma SS 8 Gauge from here http://www.knukonceptz.com/index.cfm

I was also looking for bulk wire for balanced interconnects any suggestions?
Bam Bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007   #8

Bam Bam,

What are you using 8 gauge for?? Do you need 230V 30 Amps?

There is a point where bigger isn't better, and at 8 gauge you might be well into that territory.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007   #9

kennyt,

So you think it might be better to use 10 awg for the low end and 14 awg for the high-mid I was going to use the 8 and 14 awg? I am new to the higher end equipment and I have used everything from romex to lamp cord and have been just fine, but I did not have very revealing speakers.

I was thinking of getting a cable with a lot more flexibility and better looks to match the equipment any suggestions is appreciated.
Bam Bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007   #10

KEN : Your Reply post made my day. Funny is i cant believe how freaked out so to speak, the people in the next condo got , i m still not sure of what they were saying , a couple of friends of mine from Ventura stopped up with a 5.1 mix of the Doors .. WOW TALK ABOUT FREAK OUT . My one Buddy said he understood something about Sin and Christmas . WOW A COMPLETE SET OF THESE B&Ws are nice , MADE MY SYSTEM SOUND EVEN BETTER.. i wonder if the trash rats here will be digging for my old Bose i trashed the other day. The Wonder City of Ca. more knives and stabbings then North Philly , Watts , D.C. , Wilm, De. has guns ( per pop.) Wow i went to the " Holiday Parade" , the other night and a gang war broke out. The other joke going around now for years is .' When The Raiders , moved back to OAKLAND , they didn't even stop for a soda and get off the 101 here'. Too bad the weather is so nice here and i can look down at the ocean or i 'd be out of here , i hate the cold, rain and snow. But Ken your post really made my day . THANK YOU .. LUKE
luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
686, bowers, bowerswilkins, bw, date, find, forum, forums, good, lowest, owners, p5, price, prices, registration, speaker, speakers, wilkins