Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Loudspeakers > Loudspeakers

Loudspeakers No single component in your rig impacts your sound more. Discuss anything and everything about speakers here.

Old 11-04-2007   #13

Default Re: Revel Speaker Owners - Post about Revel Speakers here

spearl8,

The Unidisc sounds like a good match for the rest of your system. I had the 2.1 in mine for a month or so with my DV-50s. Very music and smooth but lacked some of the detail and bass control I got from the DV-50s so I kept it, but with all those Krells and Wilsons, I doubt you need the bass control the Esoteric gear has over the Linn and the musicality should really make that combo sing.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007   #14

The Linn 1.1 is the best universal player I have personally heard, but the only problem is that for such an expensive piece of gear it's very unreliable. I've had a lot of trouble with discs getting stuck inside.
spearl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007   #15

Not acceptable.

That player is a ton of cash, I would have it back at my dealers ASAP.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007   #16

Smile Re: Revel Speaker Owners - Post about Revel Speakers here

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearl8 View Post
The Linn 1.1 is the best universal player I have personally heard, but the only problem is that for such an expensive piece of gear it's very unreliable. I've had a lot of trouble with discs getting stuck inside.
That is something. A great unit. Sorry to hear about the reliability. That has always been a point of contention with me. If you are making a high end product, or in this case, I would call this an ultra type product, reliabilty ought to be the norm, not the exception. Great sound and reviews are fine, but if you can not really enjoy it............................

Did you every consider the Unidisc SC? That player also received great reviews as well. And many felt for the money, that this was the best universal player.

kennyt, Dr. Source, you can chime in here as well. But, I`ve always been fond of the Esoteric equipment.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007   #17

Whenever I have a problem my dealer has been great. I originally got the 1.1 before the sc was out and whenever there has been a problem I have gotten a brand new more upgraded player which is fine with me.
spearl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007   #18

Smile Re: Revel Speaker Owners - Post about Revel Speakers here

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearl8 View Post
Whenever I have a problem my dealer has been great. I originally got the 1.1 before the sc was out and whenever there has been a problem I have gotten a brand new more upgraded player which is fine with me.
Wonderful. That is definitely how it should be. Your dealer needs to be there for you. I`m glad that he is. Hopefully, you have not had to swap it out to many times.

After much consideration and thought, and advice from Jerry and kennyt, I am going to purchase a Toshiba XA2. kennyt highly recommends it. Just waiting for a further price drop. Since their newer machines are on there way out to the marketplace. Toshiba machines seem to be reliable, less fussy, and that is what I want.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, forum, owners, revel, revels, review, reviews, revolutions, salon, salon2, similar, sound, speakers, voice, wilson