Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Loudspeakers (http://www.avrev.com/forum/loudspeakers-3/)
-   -   New system - thoughts? (http://www.avrev.com/forum/loudspeakers/5065-new-system-thoughts.html)

amerriman 10-22-2010 07:26 AM

New system - thoughts?

First, thank you very much for your assistance. It looks like you get these types of posts all the time. So again, thank you.

I currently have the Bose 321 all in one system that my wife bought me for Christmas a few years back. I have never had a dedicated receiver with 5.1 surround sound system.

I have had two companies come to my home and have received suggestions and quotes regarding their proposals. I have performed a lot of research on the web and have been reading around on the forum. Any help/suggestions regarding the speakers and receiver options described below, or suggestions for other brands, would be much appreciated.

I am located in Clarkston, MI. I live in a large condo (4 unit building). My wife would like things to look clean and I am concerned about bleeding into the neighbors, so I want to make sure in-wall speakers are well protected on the back side.

The room is roughly 550 square feet. I will be going with a 63 inch samsung plasma on the wall. I have had a 50 for awhile and love it.

I watch movies and sports. My main goal is clarity. I rarely listen to music and will never want a system that pounds music. My goal on spending is middle of the road, and thinking about high end (depending on the cost). I would like to spend around 10K (for tv/speakers/receiver/install).

Proposal #1 H T USA Solutions:
Sonance Cinema in-wall LCR1 (x3)
Sonance Cinema SUR1- Surround sound speakers (x2)
Sonance Cinema A800D Sub (x1)
--> Total speaker cost = $4025
Denon AVR-3311 Surround receiver ($840)

Proposal #2 Audio Video Alternatives:
Episode ES-500-ICSURR-6 in ceiling surround (x2 @ $215 each)
Episode ES-700-IWLCR-5 in wall (x3 @ $525 each)
Gallo TR-1 Black 10" sub (x1 @ $495)
Integra DTR 30.2 receiver @ $745

or...
PSB CW262, CW60R Subseries1 speaker system instead of Episode/Gallo system for $450 additional charge.

I have also had a guy offer the same denon receiver with Monitor Audio surround speakers/sub.

Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

amerriman 11-15-2010 09:23 PM

Re: New system - thoughts?

For my future information and with all due respect, any reason why 200+ people viewed my question and no one answered in any way?

I have already selected all my items. It just seems I clearly did something wrong for that many people to read and then ignore my post.

Thanks.

drew21close 11-16-2010 03:43 PM

Can I know what are those items that you have selected? Though, its a very good system I think.

amerriman 11-16-2010 06:25 PM

I went with the sonance cinema LCR1 (x3), Cinema SUR1 (x2) and instead of the sonance in wall sub, the guy threwin a Velodyne DLS-4000R at the same price.

Denon AVR-3311 Surround receiver with 63 inch samsun plasma.

PalmHarbor 11-22-2010 07:24 AM

I am sure you bought the Bose system to satisfy your wife now its time for her to satisfy you. Forget built in speakers. You want clarity? Buy Martin Logan Electrostatic Speakers and a receiver like Denon or Marantz with at least 150 watts per channel. You will never regret it.