Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Loudspeakers > Loudspeakers

Loudspeakers No single component in your rig impacts your sound more. Discuss anything and everything about speakers here.

Old 08-23-2007   #13

Default Re: Update from Maui on the UE10s

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano View Post
I am NOT having a good time with these headphones.

First off - there should be a law about paretns who fly babies in first class that allow them to CRY the whole way. Another way to look at things is - this would be a great place to test my new 25 dB down in-ear mnonitors. The new mold worked well. The left one was SO painful, I couldn't stand it.

1 hour into the flight, I went back to my broken Etimotyc Reserarch earphones.

Another thing that REALLY bugs me about the UE10's is the wires need to be draped off the back of your ears. The Etimotycs come stright out of the ear molds and I find them to be WAY more comfortable.

Note: Not everyone has the mold issues I do with my ears. You can stick many types on in-ear monitors right in and they work.
I had a friend that vactioned in London and said he had a screaming kid on the plane all the way home. He finally said something to the Flight Attendant but was told to calm down. We only half kidded him that he's probably on a no-fly list with the FBI now.

Scott
ScottV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007   #14

Default Re: $1,000 in-ear headphones? Have I lost my mind....

Well there's not much you can do about a screaming baby, hopefully your warranty will get you a new mold so you can wear the things!

Is it a design that the wires must go over the ears or can you have the wires molded in the earpieces so they come straight out?
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007   #15

I currently have the Etymotic Research ER4's and am very interested in hearing your opinions on the differences between them and the UE-10's, both in terms of sound quality and comfort. I use the ER4's for noise isolation on long flights and also for mixing sound recordings. I don't have ear molds for the ER4's.
AppleByter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleByter View Post
I currently have the Etymotic Research ER4's and am very interested in hearing your opinions on the differences between them and the UE-10's, both in terms of sound quality and comfort. I use the ER4's for noise isolation on long flights and also for mixing sound recordings. I don't have ear molds for the ER4's.

No question the UE10's sound better. Better bass. More dynamic.

I HATE the way the cables hang from the ears or need to be tucked behind. I personally find that very uncomfortable.

I would recomend you get the custom ear molds made. It takes some effort but is worth it.

I also recomend you are really careful as the ends of the er4's EASILY break off. I have broken 2 pairs already.
Old 08-25-2007   #17

Thumbs up Re: $1,000 in-ear headphones? Have I lost my mind....

Jerry,

I`m glad you finally found some phones that you enjoy. Especially after the issues you have had prior with the E4s. It seems if you make this kind of investment, it makes sense to get the ear molds. For both quality and ultimately comfort.
Now, that you have had them for a minute, can you compare whether the sound quality is better through in ear phones, or the more conventional headphones placed on or over the ear headphones? I`ve always found that the conventional type where better. But, I`ve never demoed anything as good as your new phones.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #18

"$1,000 in-ear headphones? Have I lost my mind.... "

In a word... YES!
Silver Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
bose, custom, dental, drill, drown, ear, etimotyc, fit, florida, head, headphones, mold, monitor, phones, revolutionary