Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Loudspeakers > Loudspeakers

Loudspeakers No single component in your rig impacts your sound more. Discuss anything and everything about speakers here.

Old 08-14-2009   #1

Default Looking for on-wall speaker ideas

I recently setup a theater in my basement. We have mounted the TV about 40 inches off the floor, so I'm not effectively able to use my floorstanding speakers for proper surround setup. (Also, wife doesn't want floorstanders on riser or anything.)
Was thinking of looking into some on-wall or bookshelf speakers to place on either side of TV (prefer to have on-wall). I have been using the Paradigm monitor series speakers, but would possibly like to upgrade some either with Paradigm or something else.
I'am currently using a Integra DTR 7.7 (100wpc) for power, so I wanted to stay with something that would work with this. Any speaker recommendations you could give would be great! My budget is $1000-$1500. I have looked at the Paradigm Studio Esprit, but dealer did not have any to audition. (my room is 12ft x 22ft)

Last edited by SpikeRT; 08-14-2009 at 07:29 AM..
SpikeRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009   #2

Default Re: Looking for on-wall speaker ideas

The Speaker Company just got a new shippment of thier TSAT2400 on-wall speaker. Very nice wood speaker with a high gloss paint finish. Sounds quite nice. I have 3 as my LCR. www.thespeakercompany.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeRT View Post
I recently setup a theater in my basement. We have mounted the TV about 40 inches off the floor, so I'm not effectively able to use my floorstanding speakers for proper surround setup. (Also, wife doesn't want floorstanders on riser or anything.)
Was thinking of looking into some on-wall or bookshelf speakers to place on either side of TV (prefer to have on-wall). I have been using the Paradigm monitor series speakers, but would possibly like to upgrade some either with Paradigm or something else.
I'am currently using a Integra DTR 7.7 (100wpc) for power, so I wanted to stay with something that would work with this. Any speaker recommendations you could give would be great! My budget is $1000-$1500. I have looked at the Paradigm Studio Esprit, but dealer did not have any to audition. (my room is 12ft x 22ft)
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009   #3

Quote:
Both Paradigm and Definitive Technology make exceptional on wall speakers. Be sure to check them out.
Anthem, Conrad Johnson, Dish Network/JVC, Dynaudio, Infinity, Integra, JL Audio, Klipsch, Magnepan, Marantz, Martin Logan, Onkyo, Oppo, Outlaw Audio, Panasonic, Paradigm, REL, Sumiko, SVSound, and Toshiba are the brands equipment I currently use. I have owned/used and tested equipment made by just about any manufacturer you can name.
Loves2Watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009   #4

Just replaced my Def Tech DR7 bookshelf speakers with Def Tech Mythos Eights (R/L, Center). Great Home Theater speakers, more open and spacious. I have them with Def Tech Supercube II. The Mythos Eights retain the bass and midrange I like with the DR7's. You could go with a lessor Mythos for the center to save money.
jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010   #5
Banned

that 's so great..are there any pictures of your theater home. I want to look at it.
Eva2100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010   #6

Quote:
well that was really nice to read about wood speaker with a high gloss paint finish. that's Sounds great. for more better then u can look at Samsung HT-BD2T Blu-Ray 7.1 Channel Home Theater System a complete set of nine and this would cost according to your budget .....
petersteel1066@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
2009, esprit, home, ideas, on, onwall, paint, paradigm, set, sound, speaker, speakers, surround, theater, wall