Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Loudspeakers > Loudspeakers

Loudspeakers No single component in your rig impacts your sound more. Discuss anything and everything about speakers here.

Old 08-02-2009   #1

Default Klipsch or Paradigm? Will they work with my receiver?

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here.

I have the following equipment at the moment.

Energy take classic 5.1 ( http://www.energy-speakers.com/na-en...-5-1-overview/ )
Yamaha RX-V463 ( http://www.yamaha.com/yec/products/p...l?CNTID=567576 )

I'm looking to upgrade now and was having a tough time answering a few questions ...so here goes.

I was looking at the Klipsch Rf-82 or Paradigm 11 V.5 for the fronts. As for the center and rears, I'll leave the Energy speakers since they are fine.

Will this cause a major imbalance in the other speakers or the subwoofer because of the speaker change?

My amp pushes 105W per channel which is a decent amount so will it be enough to drive the klipschs or paradigms?

Also, what are your personal opinions on the two speakers, which one should I pick?

I tried the klipsch speakers and they sounded really nice but I have yet to try the paradigms but from what I've read, they have a more softer and pleasant listening note to them.
TwistedE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009   #2
Administrator

Default Re: Klipsch or Paradigm? Will they work with my receiver?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedE View Post
Will this cause a major imbalance in the other speakers or the subwoofer because of the speaker change?
I doubt it.
Quote:
My amp pushes 105W per channel which is a decent amount so will it be enough to drive the klipschs or paradigms?
105 watts should be plenty for either.
Quote:
Also, what are your personal opinions on the two speakers, which one should I pick?

I tried the klipsch speakers and they sounded really nice but I have yet to try the paradigms but from what I've read, they have a more softer and pleasant listening note to them.
Your best bet is going to be to try both and decide for yourself, imo.
rbinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009   #3

Default Re: Klipsch or Paradigm? Will they work with my receiver?

Quote:
I was looking at the Klipsch Rf-82 or Paradigm 11 V.5 for the fronts. As for the center and rears, I'll leave the Energy speakers since they are fine.

Maybe not an imbalance per se but the front 3 speakers need to be matched. With that being the case, I would suggest that you get the right, left and center all manufactured by the same company and timbre matched. If not you may/will have problems with the volume and sound of the center channel (the single most important speaker in a surround system). Your Energy speakers should be fine for the surround channels.

Quote:
That should be plenty of power for any of those speakers.

Quote:
I would choose the Paradigms as they are not as shrill as the Klipsch and have been rated some of the best speakers available in their price range for many, many years. I own many sets of speakers, Klipsch and Paradigm included and must say that Paradigm is the clear winner (unless you want to purchase the expensive Klipschorns) and even then it is debatable.

Hope this helps.
Anthem, Conrad Johnson, Dish Network/JVC, Dynaudio, Infinity, Integra, JL Audio, Klipsch, Magnepan, Marantz, Martin Logan, Onkyo, Oppo, Outlaw Audio, Panasonic, Paradigm, REL, Sumiko, SVSound, and Toshiba are the brands equipment I currently use. I have owned/used and tested equipment made by just about any manufacturer you can name.

Last edited by Loves2Watch; 08-03-2009 at 08:19 AM..
Loves2Watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
105, channel, energy, klipsch, paradigm, pioneer, price, receiver, rf-82, sc07, subwoofer, v5, watts, work, yamaha