Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Loudspeakers > Loudspeakers

Loudspeakers No single component in your rig impacts your sound more. Discuss anything and everything about speakers here.

Old 07-23-2007   #1
Administrator

Default Put the music in your head with the Sennheiser HD 650 Reference Headphones

Read the full review by clicking below.

Sennheiser HD 650 Reference Level Headphones

and post your comments and questions here in this thread. Subscribe to a thread to be informed when other AVRev.com readers post their comments and questions.
AVRevForum.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007   #2

Smile Re: Put the music in your head with the Sennheiser HD 650 Reference Headphones

Bryan,

I enjoyed your review. I really did not expect anything else but a great review. Based on the previous reviews I have read on the 650`s and 600`s. However, there was a surprise, the fact that they were efficient enough to be driven by your i - pod. This was the one area that was said to be true. That for these headphones to shine, you really needed a headphone amplifier.

Also, that they were a little warm sounding, and slightly shy in the bass. Where say, the Grado`s or AKG 701`s, both have a more forward and dynamic presentation. I did get to listen to a pair of 650`s at Lyric Hi Fi here in New York with I believe a Vincent tube headphone amp. They sounded okay, but I had none of my own cds, and no other headphones to compare them to. And that is the thing, I definitely want a pair of high end cans, but its very hard to find a dealer that has a few of the different brands in one store for comparison.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
hd, head, music