Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Loudspeakers > Loudspeakers

Loudspeakers No single component in your rig impacts your sound more. Discuss anything and everything about speakers here.

Old 10-22-2008   #31

Wink Hey, If this "test" is real....

...where can I sign up & how much does it pay??? If nothing else, when are the "test subjects" being sold off? Especially the under $1k group - I'm wanting to start a dedicated 2 channel system....
Old 10-23-2008   #32

Default Re: Best Sounding Speakers According to Scientific Tests

I just saw this posted over at Wristtwisters forum by someone named jlux21 libertine. Might be just another nym or some kind of viral advertising:

http://www.wristtwisters.com/forum/s...037#post248037
Walt G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008   #33

Thumbs up Re: Best Sounding Speakers According to Scientific Tests

Hey, this is a great effort. So many makers claim so much and at the end of the day the end user will decide.
I sell high to top end speakers and enjoy the options and imaging these units provide. It is not surprising that many indifferent imaging speakers and designs are presented as "Accoustically Perfect" or " Best sound you will ever hear" and even "Breakthrough in sound"....its all hype and marketing.
People know what they like and your "blind" test is proof of that..
Keep on going ..its great.
HDENZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008   #34

I have to admit, I love this stuff. It may not be perfectly scientific, but it does give me something to think about. Not that it makes any decisions for me (I will have to do a lot of listening before I buy a pair of speakers), but I will listen to a pair of Dali Ikon 6s before I spend my money.
bobana0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobana0 View Post
It may not be perfectly scientific, but it does give me something to think about.
Perfect science???

IF this is actually being done, first off, it has so many flaws in the design of the study the results will be anecdotal at best.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008   #36

So what would the "scientific" test look like. Back in the 70's and 80's I took part in several when Floyd Toole was head of the National Research of Canada had an acoustic research department. Floyd is now chairman of Karman international (Harman-Kardon and Infinity). Floyd is one of the most repected researchers in the buisiness. The NRC research was the foundation for the development of speakers at PSB, Energy and Paradigm
bobstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
5000, audio, logan, loudspeakers, maggie, magnepan, martin, mg12, mmg, pair, speakers, time, vantage, versus, vs