Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Loudspeakers > Loudspeakers

Loudspeakers No single component in your rig impacts your sound more. Discuss anything and everything about speakers here.

Old 07-21-2008   #7
anm

Default Re: Polk RTi A9 vs Klipsch RF82 vs JBL 890

Not able to audition either one of them as yet. Work and wife don't let me go out on audition any more. Had a word with a local dealer here for a demo of Polk RTi A9. He doesn't carry LSi though.
Will update whenever I get a demo.
Good news is that one of the stores close to me is now carrying JBL L Series. I was having a demo on sat evening, but as soon as it started, the power failed. But in the small duration that I had the demo for a couple of minutes, the bass was very punchy. I was feeling the music against my body more than listening to it. Subwoofer used was from E series and not the latest L series. Will try again some time.
That leaves out only the Klipsch reference series out of my reach of demos for now.

regards
Anant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjbadger View Post
I'm also looking at Polk RTi series (A3 bookshelves though) Seem to get great reviews for HT and music, but I haven't had a chance to listen to them yet. Let us know if you get a chance to compare those 3 you mentioned. Keep in mind that LSis are 4ohm you may need to upgrade amp as well, pretty big price hit since RTis are so well regarded.
29" LG Flatron CRT.
Current Room - 12' wide, seating at 8' from front wall.
Front wall mounts at 8' apart and 5' high.
Center is in the center – 3' high, below the TV, and horizontal.
Surrounds are 12' apart wall mounted, and facing the seating at ear level.
anm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008   #8

Smile Re: Polk RTi A9 vs Klipsch RF82 vs JBL 890

Keep on listening. kenny has gave you everything and more. Meaning, speakers fortunately, or unfortunately are the one component that is truly subjective. So, since the Lord gave all of us two ears, but different hearing qualities, we must listen for what we like, and make a decision based on that.

Listen, here is one thing, at the least, when listening to speakers, they should be able to reproduce all that you hear currently right now. If for some reason, something is missing, move on!!
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008   #9
anm

Default Re: Polk RTi A9 vs Klipsch RF82 vs JBL 890

I strongly believe that these two ears keep evolving at what they can hear. If I spent all my life hearing to crappy sound, my judgment based on my past experience would be similar. However, once better things are thrown at me, I realize - oh I was missing this in my last speaker, and the next speaker should sounds at least this much good.

regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongreg View Post
Keep on listening. kenny has gave you everything and more. Meaning, speakers fortunately, or unfortunately are the one component that is truly subjective. So, since the Lord gave all of us two ears, but different hearing qualities, we must listen for what we like, and make a decision based on that.

Listen, here is one thing, at the least, when listening to speakers, they should be able to reproduce all that you hear currently right now. If for some reason, something is missing, move on!!
29" LG Flatron CRT.
Current Room - 12' wide, seating at 8' from front wall.
Front wall mounts at 8' apart and 5' high.
Center is in the center – 3' high, below the TV, and horizontal.
Surrounds are 12' apart wall mounted, and facing the seating at ear level.
anm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
15, 82, 890, a9, jbl, jbl890, klipsch, lsi, polk, review, rf, rf82, rti, speakers, vs