Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Loudspeakers > Loudspeakers

Loudspeakers No single component in your rig impacts your sound more. Discuss anything and everything about speakers here.

Old 06-04-2008   #7

Default Re: B&W 800D vs Defintive 7000SC

It's really amazing how so many people differ in their listening impressions.

Could it be because of the Source, Room Acoustics, Speaker Placement are the cause of this huge discrepancy?

I mean just because some of us disagree with other people does not make the other people idiots, does it?

I have a friend who lives in Tampa, FL. He keeps on telling me that I need to visit him so that he can take me to this famous place to audition all these high-dollar speakers like the Revel Salon2, B&W 800D, Wilson-Audio WattPuppy, and other speakers like Paradigm S8 & DefTech BP7000SCs.

He says that he has auditioned all these speakers. He said the Wilson Audio was the best one. But that the B&W, Revel, Paradigm, & DefTech were extremely close in sound quality. The build quality may be different, but he said the overall sound quality were very close. He said he thought the Paradigm S8 was the best for HIM so he bought them. But he also said he was NOT impressed with the 800Ds either. He thought the BP7000SC had the best Bass, but the S8 had the best tweeters, which was more important to him.
DenonDefinitive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenonDefinitive View Post
I have a friend who lives in Tampa, FL. He keeps on telling me that I need to visit him so that he can take me to this famous place to audition all these high-dollar speakers like the Revel Salon2, B&W 800D, Wilson-Audio WattPuppy, and other speakers like Paradigm S8 & DefTech BP7000SCs.
I live in Largo, FL, and if it's the shop I am thinking of, avoid them!

Funny, all the speakers you named, Def Tech, Paradigm, Wilson, Revel and B&W have very different sound, so I am not sure how you friend finds them extremely close in sound, but final sonic output depends on many things...

Last edited by kennyt; 06-05-2008 at 02:32 AM..
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008   #9

Quote:
It's really amazing how so many people differ in their listening impressions.

Could it be because of the Source, Room Acoustics, Speaker Placement are the cause of this huge discrepancy?

I mean just because some of us disagree with other people does not make the other people idiots, does it?

He says that he has auditioned all these speakers. He said the Wilson Audio was the best one. But that the B&W, Revel, Paradigm, & DefTech were extremely close in sound quality. The build quality may be different, but he said the overall sound quality were very close. He said he thought the Paradigm S8 was the best for HIM so he bought them. But he also said he was NOT impressed with the 800Ds either. He thought the BP7000SC had the best Bass, but the S8 had the best tweeters, which was more important to him.
Some people are also partially deaf, but that does not stop them from giving their opinion.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpiii View Post
Some people are also partially deaf, but that does not stop them from giving their opinion.
Funny you say that, as a physician I know the first thing to go in hearing are the upper frequencies, and this is why I think some speakers and systems are so bright. I can't stand them, but IF I had a 6 dB drop @ 12+kHz, I might love them!!!!
Old 06-06-2008   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Funny you say that, as a physician I know the first thing to go in hearing are the upper frequencies, and this is why I think some speakers and systems are so bright. I can't stand them, but IF I had a 6 dB drop @ 12+kHz, I might love them!!!!
I'm a pharmacist in a 500-bed hospital. None of the physicians I know seem to have any time at all for themselves. How do you find the time to be a moderator on this forum?

I guess you can't please everyone. Some love Revel speakers, and some don't. Some love B&W speakers, and some don't. Some love Paradigms, and some don't. And some love DefTechs, while some just hate them.
DenonDefinitive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #12

Quote:
I'm a pharmacist in a 500-bed hospital. None of the physicians I know seem to have any time at all for themselves. How do you find the time to be a moderator on this forum?
Moderator for the forum, associate editor for the site, reviewer, husband, I wear many hats!

I am fortunately enough to be an anesthesiologist so when I go home, I am free of work (unless I am on call)
Sponsored Links

Tags
7000, 800, 800d, audio, bw, cam400, classe, definitive, mag, price, revel, revolution, sc, tech, video