Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Loudspeakers (http://www.avrev.com/forum/loudspeakers-3/)
-   -   Martin Logan CLX finally arriving! (http://www.avrev.com/forum/loudspeakers/1915-martin-logan-clx-finally-arriving.html)

Lotus 05-08-2008 08:47 PM

Martin Logan CLX finally arriving!

So I noticed that the CLX was officially announced!

At $20,000 for a pair!

That's much steeper than I thought they would be. I'm really questioning whether if I'm spending that kind of money on a pair of speakers. Might as well buy some Wilsons right?

prerich 05-09-2008 11:07 AM

Re: Martin Logan CLX finally arriving!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lotus (Post 14732)
So I noticed that the CLX was officially announced!

At $20,000 for a pair!

That's much steeper than I thought they would be. I'm really questioning whether if I'm spending that kind of money on a pair of speakers. Might as well buy some Wilsons right?

listen to em first, Lotus - they might be worth it! Good to see you post again!

kennyt 05-09-2008 11:09 AM

They were announced some time ago, I beleive they were shown recently, and for a few years now their subwoofers have had an 'X' setting for mating with them....

Lotus 05-10-2008 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennyt (Post 14745)
They were announced some time ago, I beleive they were shown recently, and for a few years now their subwoofers have had an 'X' setting for mating with them....

They were hinted to us 2 years ago, and the CLX setting on subs has been going on for a year now (but subs at shows for almost 2). The speakers were "officially," announced because they start shipping in a few weeks.

Still $20,000 for speakers I was expecting to be around $7k to $8k is a shocking surprise. ML had hinted to me for over a year that they had a new top of the line speaker that would replace the Summits and would cost $20k. I just didn't think it would be the CLX.

deacongreg 05-10-2008 12:19 PM

Lotus,

You must be in sticker shock. If you were expecting 7 - 8k, then $20, 000 is way above what you thought. All you have to do now, is listen, and see if they are truly ready for prime time, if not.................................

Lotus 05-11-2008 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deacongreg (Post 14760)
Lotus,

You must be in sticker shock. If you were expecting 7 - 8k, then $20, 000 is way above what you thought. All you have to do now, is listen, and see if they are truly ready for prime time, if not.................................

It's more than that. These speakers aren't designed to go below 56HZ. So it's a $20K speaker that HAS to have a subwoofer bought for it. Then you got to mate the combination. If you go with the sub ML suggests you're talking about spending $23.5K.

I'd known for awhile they wouldn't go below 56HZ. I'm just shocked by the price is all. The CLS it replaces wasn't nearly as expensive compared to the other speakers in their line up.